Weird sounds!

Jpat

Life’s a garden: dig it.
5 Years
Apr 30, 2018
Nova scotia
Hey everyone got home from work and checked on the ducks and found my duckling is making a weird sound when she peeps.

Iam familiar with normal voice change ect.

When she peeps she makes the normal peep while another sound comes from the lungs crop area

It sounds just like when you swallow air to make yourself burp (Was cool when i was a 8 year old boy okay)

I notices she had a poke and a little blood on her neck and iam betting she crossed one of the barred rock hens. Iam scared to say it but it sounds like air inside her somehow

I have a video and listen past the normal peeps and try to hear the other noise

Ignore how mean iam to her in the video its in the name of science

Shes fine except a poke in her neck and you can see it at the end of the video

Its like a gulping noise in the last half of the video

You check to see if she is accumulating air under her skin (sign of a ruptured air sac). That would be extreme though. She might have got pecked or ran into something and is just a bit sore.
My advice would be to keep an eye on her to see if she starts looking lethargic.
She is a beauty!

Hey everyone got home from work and checked on the ducks and found my duckling is making a weird sound when she peeps.

Iam familiar with normal voice change ect.

When she peeps she makes the normal peep while another sound comes from the lungs crop area

It sounds just like when you swallow air to make yourself burp (Was cool when i was a 8 year old boy okay)

I notices she had a poke and a little blood on her neck and iam betting she crossed one of the barred rock hens. Iam scared to say it but it sounds like air inside her somehow

I have a video and listen past the normal peeps and try to hear the other noise

Ignore how mean iam to her in the video its in the name of science

Defiantly indistress....

Back
Top Bottom