Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
I get funny looks because everyone thinks the hens look the same and I’m like - “such and such has a darker comb and her eyes are wider open and such and such over here has a pale comb with narrow eyes and a grumpy look”
"This is my hen, Su. She has a very 'really, are you that stupid?, face that is just perfect for sarcastic expressions. She just looks like the type who'd be wearing glasses if she were a human."
"Over here we have Yotsuba, who is barrel-shaped and has a very 'done-with-it' look. her eyelids are thicker than the others, giving her a perpetually half-lidded expression."
"Here we have Ran, who is...."
This is pretty much me. Yep, chicken faces are quite diverse....
Oh, and those descriptions are true. Su does look like she'd be a sarcastic, glasses-wearing type of girl, and Yotsuba has thicker eyelids than all the others.

Last edited:
"This is my hen, Su. She has a very 'really, are you that stupid?, one that is just perfect for sarcastic expressions. She just looks like the type who'd be wearing glasses if she were a human."
"Over here we have Yotsuba, who is barrel-shaped and has a very 'done-with-it' look. her eyelids are thicker than the others, giving her a perpetually half-lidded expression."
"Here we have Ran, who is...."
This is pretty much me. Yep, chicken faces are quite diverse....
Oh, and those descriptions are true. Su does look like she'd be a sarcastic, glasses-wearing type of girl, and Yotsuba has thicker eyelids than all the others.
pictures of Su and Yotsuba?

pictures of Su and Yotsuba?
I might have some on here somewhere....
Well, here's Yotsuba:
DSC_6476.JPG

Su is a bit harder to find, sorry -- her sarcastic, "really?" expression is only present in at certain angles. She's the one in the front:
DSC_6439.JPG

Perhaps I simply have an odd brain.

Here's my 2 cents on the Karen situation:
People only use Karen as an insult when talking about spoiled, entitled, a:duc:ducholey people. People with the name Karen that are perfectly nice aren't looked down upon, it is only the people that deserve to be insulted. If I meet someone named Karen, I don't immediately think of them as a bad person. I think of them as a person named Karen until I get to know them better. I don't think that it is a real issue to use the name as an insult, as long as you are only insulting the people that deserve it. Please understand that this is my opinion, and I understand that other people may think differently.
I agree. I don’t assume people with that name are bad people, I get to know them. I do use it for people that deserve to be called Karen as an insult, as you said.

I agree. I don’t assume people with that name are bad people, I get to know them. I do use it for people that deserve to be called Karen as an insult, as you said.
I saw a woman at a High’s screaming at an employee because SHE got yelled at for not wearing a mask, and that is probably one of the only times I have personally used Karen as an insult. I walked up to her, who was screaming at what looked like a teenage boy, and told her that she had to stop being rude, and if she didn’t want to wear a mask she could go be a Karen somewhere else. That kid thanked me though, as he was practically crying after being yelled at. He only appeared to be 18 or so, so I understood why being yelled at by a middle aged woman for not letting her risk the lives of those around her would be upsetting.

I might have some on here somewhere....
Well, here's Yotsuba:
View attachment 2244184

Su is a bit harder to find, sorry -- her sarcastic, "really?" expression is only present in at certain angles. She's the one in the front:
View attachment 2244186

Perhaps I simply have an odd brain.
wow. Their expressions.... one of my quail has a perpetually smiling face :) and the other has a face that makes her look like a baby even though she's fully feathered and just as old as my other birds

Back
Top Bottom