Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
Jul 1, 2019
New Mexico
Anybody ever ask you how you tell your chickens apart? Why you like chickens? Ask you what the cute red and white thing full of water in your chicken coop is?

Here's a spot to post your funny stories about these things and more. (If this should be in a different section, please move it!)

Here's one of mine: Last year, I was reading a book called How to Speak Chicken. Someone looks at me and in the most condescending tone possible, says, So, how do you speak chicken? I say, "bawk."

When I was in early middle school I would bring hatchery catalogs to school so I could read about different chicken breeds during free time. The catalogs would have a breed summary, pictures, the year is was admitted by the APA, the average weight, annual egg production, ect. One kid came up to me, looked at what I was reading, and said "it's like sport stats, but for chickens."

I had a 2 year old cornish X girl who was laying eggs so she had had a large comb and someone was like that’s a nice rooster. I said thanks and she is actually a hen and they were like “no that’s a rooster” and I had to show them her eggs and showed them my rooster to show her the feather difference and they finally believed me :lau

I had to save these two pins because I do it all the time. I'm not ashamed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200713-172752.png
    Screenshot_20200713-172752.png
    839.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_20200713-172744.png
    Screenshot_20200713-172744.png
    521.8 KB · Views: 128

Back
Top Bottom