Weird things only poultry people get.

This one person told me that I should throw out the roost and buy all of my hens their own nesting boxes to sleep in because "They don't like roosting and love to sleep solitary. You are hurting them." Now where did chickens come from? Trees like a junglefowl or undergrough like a rabbit? And now matter how much I told him otherwise he still believed that I was cruel. :smack

This one person told me that I should throw out the roost and buy all of my hens their own nesting boxes to sleep in because "They don't like roosting and love to sleep solitary. You are hurting them." Now where did chickens come from? Trees like a junglefowl or undergrough like a rabbit? And now matter how much I told him otherwise he still believed that I was cruel. :smack
If they wanted to sleep alone, they would have just sat in the boxes, anyway. They are very gregarious creatures.
*Slaps forehead.*

I need an eye roll reaction LOL

Why brown??? I can almost understand thinking there was only white. But if they knew there were brown, how didn't they know there were other colours?
I mean, you most often see white chicks on packages and in photos and stuff.
Not usually brown.
a lot of people believe taht the color of their feathers equal the color of their eggs:
white feathers=white eggs
brown feathers=brown eggs

same with the earlobe thing:
white earlobes=white eggs
red earlobes=red brown eggs
:rolleyes:

The earlobes thing works for the majority of breeds. There are some that don't work, but I'd say 9/10 times.
that part is true, but usually i mean the blue/green egg thing. sorry i ddint specify

white earlobe=white egg
red earlobe=brown/blue/green egg?
blue earlobe= umm not-blue eggs

edit: my leghorn mix has green-ish earlobes. she lays white eggs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom