Weird White Earlobe- Is is something to worry about?

dbounds10

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
This is my first time with roosters so I am unsure if this is an issue. His lobes under his ear hole on both sides is turning white. I picked him up and felt it and it does not feel rough or strange or smell at all. He is not acting sick and is his usual grumpy self. Crowing , eating, drinking, practicing mounting my uninterested girls lol. Normal?? I see things online saying maybe fungal? Maybe heat? This is all I need. It was not like this yesterday. @TwoCrows @aart @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @nuthatched

Attachments

• IMG_3271.jpeg
    IMG_3271.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
This is my first time with roosters so I am unsure if this is an issue. His wattles under his ear hole on both sides is white. I picked him up and felt it and it does not feel rough or strange or smell at all. He is not acting sick and is his usual grumpy self. Crowing , eating, drinking, practicing mounting my uninterested girls lol. Normal??
i'd say this is normal. I've had a couple with this

I didn't get this tag at all, I'm sorry. Not a notification, not an email, which I should get.
That's his natural pigment, some breeds have white ear bobs and he myst have one in his ancestors.

I didn't get this tag at all, I'm sorry. Not a notification, not an email, which I should get.
That's his natural pigment, some breeds have white ear bobs and he myst have one in his ancestors.
Thanks so much. I had not noticed it and then BAM white earlobes. I go out and sit with them most every day so I thought I would have noticed. It started out red and is just now changing to white. He is 15 weeks old. He is a frizzle Welsummer I think and I have zero experience with either a rooster or a frizzle

Thanks so much. I had not noticed it and then BAM white earlobes. I go out and sit with them most every day so I thought I would have noticed. It started out red and is just now changing to white. He is 15 weeks old. He is a frizzle Welsummer I think and I have zero experience with either a rooster or a frizzle
It develops as it a bird ages, I have a Barnevelder with whiteish ears, they didn't turn that way until she were close to laying or started laying.

Back
Top Bottom