Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

One time I went to a funeral of a co-worker and she was Lutheran. I never knew different denominations done things so different. First they had the family carry the casket down the aisle while music played. . it was like a wedding March to me all I could think was "here comes the dead. . here comes the dead"
Then they asked everyone to stand and sing a hymn. . while everyone was crying!! That was new to me. My friend sitting next to me noticed the look on my face and started giggling. . that got me going I couldn't stop laughing and crying at the same time.
I'm sorry...it's not funny...but it's got me giggling...:oops:

I NEED the humor in order to get me through. Did I ever tell you about when my dads twin brother died? My dad & his brother are identical twins, very much alike & both very religious. They went to the same church (albeit, 350 miles away from each other.) A lot of people at my uncles church didn't know he had a twin brother. My dad was standing at the door greeting people as they came in. When we saw the look on the first persons face as he shook their hand, we all got up & moved from the front row to the back where we could better see everybody as they walked in. It was HYSTERCAL!!! Yes, it was totally inappropriate & we tried not to laugh out loud, but the stress & the humor mashed up like that had us in tears. Luckily we could hide our faces in tissue & people just thought we were sad. I've been to a lot of funerals, but that was hands down the best!

One time I went to a funeral of a co-worker and she was Lutheran. I never knew different denominations done things so different. First they had the family carry the casket down the aisle while music played. . it was like a wedding March to me all I could think was "here comes the dead. . here comes the dead"
Then they asked everyone to stand and sing a hymn. . while everyone was crying!! That was new to me. My friend sitting next to me noticed the look on my face and started giggling. . that got me going I couldn't stop laughing and crying at the same time.

:lau:hit:gig:hugs

Good Afternoon, Pond!
Busy weekend. Got summoned to go help with grandson while DS was at work yesterday - DIL had her wisdom teeth out on Wed. and was still in quite a bit of pain, so she asked if we could come. It was a good day. They live right across the road from a Costco, so I got some shopping in, too. I am making a bunch of freezer meals for when I'm laid up. I plan on starting some of the food prep today, instead of trying to do it all tomorrow.

Trying to catch up by memory (or what's left of it):
Room, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I'm not the best behaved at funerals either. When DH's grandmother died and they were listing survivors, the pastor concluded with, "And 4 great-grandchildren" at which point my 1 month old nephew (the youngest great-grandchild) LOUDLY filled his diaper, my SIL clapped her hand over his butt, we looked at each other and lost it. We giggled through the rest of the service, because we kept looking at each other.
At another funeral, DH whispered to me, "There's a bat hanging there at the front of the church" I said, "No, that has to be a sprinkler system" Nope. I sat there and watched the thing, and every once in a while it would flex its wings. With my vivid imagination, I got to wondering what would happen if it would let loose and fly down the center aisle of the church...

Deb - So happy to hear from you. Do you have someone to help you for a while? Prayers for fast, uncomplicated healing.

Giant spider in girl's shoe - I'd have died. Bitten or not, I'd have had a heart attack and dropped on the spot. No question about it.

Al - Sounds like you're having quite an adventure! Enjoy the rest of your trip and be safe!

Sorry if I've missed anyone else. Have a great day, everyone!

I NEED the humor in order to get me through. Did I ever tell you about when my dads twin brother died? My dad & his brother are identical twins, very much alike & both very religious. They went to the same church (albeit, 350 miles away from each other.) A lot of people at my uncles church didn't know he had a twin brother. My dad was standing at the door greeting people as they came in. When we saw the look on the first persons face as he shook their hand, we all got up & moved from the front row to the back where we could better see everybody as they walked in. It was HYSTERCAL!!! Yes, it was totally inappropriate & we tried not to laugh out loud, but the stress & the humor mashed up like that had us in tears. Luckily we could hide our faces in tissue & people just thought we were sad. I've been to a lot of funerals, but that was hands down the best!
Between you and Shaw...I'm :lau and :hit

Good Afternoon, Pond!
Busy weekend. Got summoned to go help with grandson while DS was at work yesterday - DIL had her wisdom teeth out on Wed. and was still in quite a bit of pain, so she asked if we could come. It was a good day. They live right across the road from a Costco, so I got some shopping in, too. I am making a bunch of freezer meals for when I'm laid up. I plan on starting some of the food prep today, instead of trying to do it all tomorrow.

Room, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I'm not the best behaved at funerals either. When DH's grandmother died and they were listing survivors, the pastor concluded with, "And 4 great-grandchildren" at which point my 1 month old nephew (the youngest great-grandchild) LOUDLY filled his diaper, my SIL clapped her hand over his butt, we looked at each other and lost it. We giggled through the rest of the service, because we kept looking at each other.
At another funeral, DH whispered to me, "There's a bat hanging there at the front of the church" I said, "No, that has to be a sprinkler system" Nope. I sat there and watched the thing, and every once in a while it would flex its wings. With my vivid imagination, I got to wondering what would happen if it would let loose and fly down the center aisle of the church...

Deb - So happy to hear from you. Do you have someone to help you for a while? Prayers for fast, uncomplicated healing.

Giant spider in girl's shoe - I'd have died. Bitten or not, I'd have had a heart attack and dropped on the spot. No question about it.

Al - Sounds like you're having quite an adventure! Enjoy the rest of your trip and be safe!

:lau:lau
Humor was not acceptable at the funerals I attended... maybe that's why I felt so awkward...it's hard to stifle giggles! :oops:

:hugs:hugs ya have a lot going on!

Good Afternoon, Pond!

Thanks! You've got me laughing too! :hugs After a week of the flu & death & giant spiders & evil weevils in the food & me laughing hysterically thru it, my kids are gonna need therapy. :oops: Have you got your surgery date yet???

Thanks! You've got me laughing too! :hugs After a week of the flu & death & giant spiders & evil weevils in the food & me laughing hysterically thru it, my kids are gonna need therapy. :oops: Have you got your surgery date yet???
I will be the proud owner of a shiny new hip on Feb. 8th. (Weather and all other things provided, of course.) I have never been a germophobe, but I'll tell ya - with all the crud going around school, and then my grandson having snot running out of his face all day yesterday, I'm about ready to see if I can find a vat of hand sanitizer that I can dive into every day when I come home - clothes and all. Yesterday I bought a bottle of Airborne with massive amounts of vitamin C. I hope that helps.

I feel for ya with the weevils. I had been invaded by Indian Meal Moths. They were EVERYWHERE! I finally got some sticky traps - there is a pheremone disc that attracts the males - and they are all but gone. I thought I had cleaned out everything they had infested until I wanted spaghetti for supper the other night... Still finding some in the traps, but not nearly as bad as they were at first.

I will be the proud owner of a shiny new hip on Feb. 8th. (Weather and all other things provided, of course.) I have never been a germophobe, but I'll tell ya - with all the crud going around school, and then my grandson having snot running out of his face all day yesterday, I'm about ready to see if I can find a vat of hand sanitizer that I can dive into every day when I come home - clothes and all. Yesterday I bought a bottle of Airborne with massive amounts of vitamin C. I hope that helps.

I feel for ya with the weevils. I had been invaded by Indian Meal Moths. They were EVERYWHERE! I finally got some sticky traps - there is a pheremone disc that attracts the males - and they are all but gone. I thought I had cleaned out everything they had infested until I wanted spaghetti for supper the other night... Still finding some in the traps, but not nearly as bad as they were at first.
:fl:fl:fl:fl that you don't get sick and surgery goes well and you are up and running in no time! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom