Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I am like you Al... Good sense of closure lots of sniffling... and a Bigass party afterwords...

We had a traditional funeral for dad... I didnt go in... I saw him on the lfoor of my moms house... He was gone then. I hung with the cousins and the people serving food... Then the Family Reunion was all about Mom which was good... Couple of our cousins are pretty cool...

Everyone loved dad except Grandma... But she put on a good show...

deb
My dad's funeral was interesting. He was buried in a tiny, rural (time stood still since the early 1900s) little church graveyard in Oregon. Dad had been cremated (heavy box of ashes, that) and the caretaker of the graveyard showed us the hole and gave us a shovel - told us to bury him. So after a hearty rendition of "Home on the Range" (Dad's choice), we buried him. (Oh, a leaf fell and landed in my hair while we were singing and that became a "sign" to the attendees... no one told me what the sign was, but it was, most assuredly, a sign.)

Ok an Update.... I fell out of bed last night... Tryhing to get out to go potty. Room is situated so that when I fall my legs get jammed up against the door... I cannot get up from that position.

Thankfully the door was partially open... so I used my foot on the wall to bang to wake up my son. Call 911 No thing was hurt I landed on all un stitched flesh. it took six Parametics to get me free. Then a gait strap under my arms My leggs are strong all i needed to do would brace my legs against the feet of the pullers and I was up. Then I got the lecture...

So I tried to sleep on the Love seat... too short. Tried to sleep on the Couch... too worn our I was afraid of falling out... So made a bed in grandmas chair and Hallucinated all night...

Which eventually turned to sleep. My son has been a god send... He spent half the day clearing out my room then building me a step to get a good level space to stand on when I go to get in bed. It worked like a champ complete with handrails.

Got two good sessions of sleep... Plumbing is finally all working... and my pain level has dropped by about seventy five percent. I think one more Percocet will get me through.

deb
What a crazy ordeal! I am so glad everything turned out okay!! You've got a good boy there - give him an extra pat on the back from the pond. :)

Ok an Update.... I fell out of bed last night... Tryhing to get out to go potty. Room is situated so that when I fall my legs get jammed up against the door... I cannot get up from that position.

Thankfully the door was partially open... so I used my foot on the wall to bang to wake up my son. Call 911 No thing was hurt I landed on all un stitched flesh. it took six Parametics to get me free. Then a gait strap under my arms My leggs are strong all i needed to do would brace my legs against the feet of the pullers and I was up. Then I got the lecture...

So I tried to sleep on the Love seat... too short. Tried to sleep on the Couch... too worn our I was afraid of falling out... So made a bed in grandmas chair and Hallucinated all night...

Which eventually turned to sleep. My son has been a god send... He spent half the day clearing out my room then building me a step to get a good level space to stand on when I go to get in bed. It worked like a champ complete with handrails.

Got two good sessions of sleep... Plumbing is finally all working... and my pain level has dropped by about seventy five percent. I think one more Percocet will get me through.

deb
Oh no! I'm so glad you're ok! :hugs
Awesome boy ya got there too! I'm glad he was able to get that done today and you got some good sleep!
Pain level down and plumbing in working order is fantastic! :love

deb
Oh, Deb - I'm glad it turned out OK, and that your son is there to help.

@orrpeople, performers/voices were fine. The fathers were quite good. Just the play itself. Everything was played just a bit over the edge - almost farcical. The 'abduction' was a bit lame and was played as an aborted abduction. I couldn't find any vestige of reality in any part of the performance. Princess did say she was glad that she did not have to review the play.

edited to add : Actors were not miked, and acoustics were horrid. Show was put on in the black box not the main stage.
I'm a terrible audience member.
It can work in a BB, but if it's performed like a main stage show, you might feel like you're either being shouted at or having your intelligence called into question. I prefer a smart, underdone performance of the show. But again, I'm also thinking that musical has seen its "day" (at least until Broadway revives it, but then half of it will be in rap... ) and most community theater groups (sounds like poor directing more than anything) don't have the chops for it.
Bummer. I love the music... soon it's gonna rain...

My aunt didn't want a funeral either. Nothing. She wanted her body donated to science, and the ashes buried with my uncle at Ft. Snelling. I didn't quite follow her orders. We did have coffee and bars in the church basement so her many friends could have some closure. One of the ladies told me I should have the "service" in the sanctuary, and I told her, "I'm already doing more than she wanted. This is how it will be." (I was her POA, and executor so I got to make the decisions.) Afterward, people told me that "this was better than any funeral I've been to".

WHAT??? How does that happen?
Browns funeral home in Bradenton FL are idiots! Too bad it was prepaid, in a way. They should have been sued over that.

Back
Top Bottom