Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I hate funerals for one reason (besides the obvious sadness of losing someone) but I have a severe issue with finding humor in things at inappropriate times :hmm then once I start laughing I can't stop. And the more ticked off people get about it the funnier it is to me and I just CAN'T STOP! I end up having to leave the room.
Guess it's a coping skill. . but not always appreciated by large groups of grieving people.
We laugh at funerals all the time . not during the service . you just weird :gigThere was one though my cousins . Brother and me couldn't look at each other for fear of busting out laughing . The preacher was black and very charismatic. The way he preached reminded me of the crow on Dumbo .And he brought his own little cheering squad you would have to be there . I can do the preacher and crack up the family with it . Best funeral ever .

I NEED the humor in order to get me through. Did I ever tell you about when my dads twin brother died? My dad & his brother are identical twins, very much alike & both very religious. They went to the same church (albeit, 350 miles away from each other.) A lot of people at my uncles church didn't know he had a twin brother. My dad was standing at the door greeting people as they came in. When we saw the look on the first persons face as he shook their hand, we all got up & moved from the front row to the back where we could better see everybody as they walked in. It was HYSTERCAL!!! Yes, it was totally inappropriate & we tried not to laugh out loud, but the stress & the humor mashed up like that had us in tears. Luckily we could hide our faces in tissue & people just thought we were sad. I've been to a lot of funerals, but that was hands down the best!
:rantyou know better :lau

:confused:

We laugh at funerals all the time . not during the service . you just weird :gigThere was one though my cousins . Brother and me couldn't look at each other for fear of busting out laughing . The preacher was black and very charismatic. The way he preached reminded me of the crow on Dumbo .And he brought his own little cheering squad you would have to be there . I can do the preacher and crack up the family with it . Best funeral ever .

:rantyou know better :lau

:confused:
I know I'm weird. . can't take me anywhere just ask my friends they will tell you. Me + public = something weird is going to happen. I have a nack
For making the mistake of speaking to the wrong person and then they won't leave us alone. . or I laugh about something and make someone mad or I guess I just look at people wrong. I'm not sure how I still have my job to be honest. . :confused:
:lau:lau:gig:lau

I know I'm weird. . can't take me anywhere just ask my friends they will tell you. Me + public = something weird is going to happen. I have a nack
For making the mistake of speaking to the wrong person and then they won't leave us alone. . or I laugh about something and make someone mad or I guess I just look at people wrong. I'm not sure how I still have my job to be honest. . :confused:
:lau:lau:gig:lau
They want to be like you :lauand get away with it .Or they know your nuts and cut you slack . That would be my guess;)

Hello all! Sorry for my absence today. Finally got to spend the day with SS and our granddaughter (the 3 year old that we rarely get to see), and MIL too.

@perchie.girl :hugs So glad you are back at home and on the road to recovery. Be careful now woman! ((finger wagging at you for falling)) Do as the docs tell you.

@room onthebroom :hugs so sorry about Dad. I'm not good with the words either, so just know my heart breaks for you. I miss my daddy every day, but now i only have good memories. I let go of any bad ones, and I smile when i think of him.

Heard from Ravyn, she sends love and well-wishes too. She'll be gone a bit longer, but she will return. :)

Hello all! Sorry for my absence today. Finally got to spend the day with SS and our granddaughter (the 3 year old that we rarely get to see), and MIL too.

@perchie.girl :hugs So glad you are back at home and on the road to recovery. Be careful now woman! ((finger wagging at you for falling)) Do as the docs tell you.

@room onthebroom :hugs so sorry about Dad. I'm not good with the words either, so just know my heart breaks for you. I miss my daddy every day, but now i only have good memories. I let go of any bad ones, and I smile when i think of him.

Heard from Ravyn, she sends love and well-wishes too. She'll be gone a bit longer, but she will return. :)

That's awesome WV! Glad you had a good time and got to visit with them..:hugs

Thanks for letting us know about Rav, send her my love and tell her to get well soon when you talk to her again. :love

Back
Top Bottom