Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I love that! I love Dr Seuss books! We have a huge collection..:lau

Don't blame ya! :lau

Dr. Seuss is my hero!!! :love

Yep, I've had rats :) They aren't long-lived, unfortunately. Personally I would go with males over females just because females are so prone to mammary tumors and cancer.

They're very sweet, friendly, social animals. In fact, since they're social, it's better to have two than one. They keep each other company when their human can't be with them.

This website is where I did a lot of my reading and research when I owned mine, which was years ago: https://www.dapper.com.au/articles.htm The cage this person made for their rats is amazing.

If you do end up getting a couple for her, try to go with a breeder and not a pet store. Better quality stock that's been socialized.

Nowadays I'm more about reptiles and birds, lol. My beardie and my parrot are my shoulder pets instead of rats :)

:goodpost:Excellent advice!!! :thumbsup

Here's a picture of me & my brother...
View attachment 1269814
The caption says;
Look what we found
in the park
in the dark.
We will take him home
we will name him Clark.
He will live at our house.
He will grow & grow.
will our mother like this?
We don't know.
(...but she will dig thru the garage in the middle of the night in her pajamas until she finds beds & food bowls for it.) :lau:gig:love

:love

And :clap for your mom. My momma woulda knocked me silly. :lau

Yep, I've had rats :) They aren't long-lived, unfortunately. Personally I would go with males over females just because females are so prone to mammary tumors and cancer.

They're very sweet, friendly, social animals. In fact, since they're social, it's better to have two than one. They keep each other company when their human can't be with them.

This website is where I did a lot of my reading and research when I owned mine, which was years ago: https://www.dapper.com.au/articles.htm The cage this person made for their rats is amazing.

If you do end up getting a couple for her, try to go with a breeder and not a pet store. Better quality stock that's been socialized.

Nowadays I'm more about reptiles and birds, lol. My beardie and my parrot are my shoulder pets instead of rats :)
Thank you so much! I will have her read up! :hugs
:love

And :clap for your mom. My momma woulda knocked me silly. :lau
Mine too..:lau
I brought many a critter home during the day and she dealt with it well but middle of the night, she'd have :smack:lau:gig

Just sent the link to her Gmail on her tablet..lol
She replied and said to tell you thank you very much.:D

Back
Top Bottom