Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

We got the wind too.... blowin from the ocean means its artic.... Trees are braced for the other direction. So Branches will fall.. Predicting a bit of snow in the mountains. I suspect it will be at the 6000 foot level... unfortunately our mountains are only 5000 feet tall at the tallest.

Just enough to make it colder than normal for a february...

Gotto go have a prescrption to pick up you know.... my own. Love wall greens I dont have to get out of the car....

deb

In years of old, when knights were bold... ? :idunnoI don't know that one.

You got me. I don't know that one either.

:lau:gig

Sounds BEAUTIFUL!!! :love

DISLIKE!:(

I had an unexpected pet rat when I was a teenager. I saw 2 'Richards' that had one. They'd dyed his tail blue & were taking turns speeding thru the parking lot on their mopeds with him on their shoulder. They were trying to see how fast they could go before it fell off. :mad: I asked if I could hold it for a second & then wouldn't give it back. :lau They got bored pretty quick & left us. I was 'out' that night & halfway to my destination, so just kept 'Ben' on my shoulder. After an entire night of doing the naughty things teenagers do, I staggered home in the middle of the night with him still holding on to my shirt. My mom, dug around the garage until she found a tank & water bowls for him (me & my brother were always dragging stuff home in the middle of the night.) The point is, he was a GREAT pet! I could put him in my purse, on my shoulder or in the pocket of my hoodie & take him anywhere. Like Sour said, they don't live long. Mine only lived about 18mo but not sure how old he was when I got him. Like Shaw said too, always, ALWAYS wash your hands before you stick your fingers near a rodent of any kind. ALL rodents will taste you if you smell yummy. Last but not least, pet rats are 100% different than their feral cousins. Also, getting a female from a pet store that's already pregnant is apparently pretty common. Good luck!
You've always had that room on the broom mentality haven't you! :lol:
I'm glad you rescued the poor little thing. Sounds like those boys needed an a$$ whoopin.

Here's a picture of me & my brother...
View attachment 1269814
The caption says;
Look what we found
in the park
in the dark.
We will take him home
we will name him Clark.
He will live at our house.
He will grow & grow.
will our mother like this?
We don't know.
(...but she will dig thru the garage in the middle of the night in her pajamas until she finds beds & food bowls for it.) :lau:gig:love
:love:love
I've always tried to save critters too. .but I knew better than to bring anything in the house. My mom is terrified of anything rat,mouse,opossum like and would've used the broom over my butt. . not make room. :lau
She barley tolerated my bunnies when I had them. She liked looking at/watching them but I don't know if she ever touched one. :lol:

It's okay, I was pretty much expecting it to happen, lol. These are her first three eggs so I'm not at all surprised that one quit. Another one has a crack that I didn't notice before. I patched it, but if that one quits then I'd just have one chick and I don't need that, lol.

It's okay, I was pretty much expecting it to happen, lol. These are her first three eggs so I'm not at all surprised that one quit. Another one has a crack that I didn't notice before. I patched it, but if that one quits then I'd just have one chick and I don't need that, lol.
Oh ok...I get that. I hope it hatches!:fl

I candled the last 3 eggs under the broody with the new chicks and they are still going but Im afraid they're so far behind that she won't stay on them till they hatch. So I put them under the new broody, she took them right under her so hopefully theyll hatch in a few days and she'll be a happy momma.:fl

You've always had that room on the broom mentality haven't you! :lol:
I'm glad you rescued the poor little thing. Sounds like those boys needed an a$$ whoopin.

:love:love
I've always tried to save critters too. .but I knew better than to bring anything in the house. My mom is terrified of anything rat,mouse,opossum like and would've used the broom over my butt. . not make room. :lau
She barley tolerated my bunnies when I had them. She liked looking at/watching them but I don't know if she ever touched one. :lol:

Yep, I always have. I used to dream big & think I could save the world, now I know I can only save tiny bits & pieces of it. (I went from dreaming about saving the world to dreaming about casserole dishes... My younger self would be horrified.)

Back
Top Bottom