Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Lol, he'll get hormonal whether you get him a girlfriend or not. Breeding really isn't too bad, the ganders can get a little squirrelly, but mine really don't. I get hissed at and that's about it.

Yes, a mandarin! So he'll need an aviary and a girlfriend - they mate for life and bond very strongly.
Ok, wait...I thought I already have the girlfriend and would need a boyfriend. Does that change the dynamics?
Um no...the budgie...lol

Lol, he'll get hormonal whether you get him a girlfriend or not. Breeding really isn't too bad, the ganders can get a little squirrelly, but mine really don't. I get hissed at and that's about it.

You did mean for Vixyn right? Lol.

Yes, a mandarin! So he'll need an aviary and a girlfriend - they mate for life and bond very strongly.
That is an awesome score pyxis!
So so so pretty :love

Ok, wait...I thought I already have the girlfriend and would need a boyfriend. Does that change the dynamics?
Um no...the budgie...lol

Oh lol, for some reason I thought you were talking about Vixyn! Probably because I have goose eggs on the brain.

A male companion will be fine. They're colony breeders, so they are unlikely to breed if they are the only pair in the house. Don't give them a nest box and you should be fine :) I kept a pair ten years with no eggs and no babies.

You did mean for Vixyn right? Lol.

So Did you tell the lady she was giving away a hundred dollar bird? :gig

He really is! :love

Oh lol, for some reason I thought you were talking about Vixyn! Probably because I have goose eggs on the brain.

A male companion will be fine. They're colony breeders, so they are unlikely to breed if they are the only pair in the house. Don't give them a nest box and you should be fine :) I kept a pair ten years with no eggs and no babies.
Ok cool...then I don't have to worry either way...easy.:D

Thanks! I'm pretty happy. Although now I do have to build an aviary and buy him a girlfriend. There is no such thing as a free duck :lau

So Did you tell the lady she was giving away a hundred dollar bird? :gig

I told her what he was. She may not have known exactly what that meant in terms of value :oops:

Thanks! I'm pretty happy. Although now I do have to build an aviary and buy him a girlfriend. There is no such thing as a free duck :lau

I told her what he was. She may not have known exactly what that meant in terms of value :oops:
I haven't been to auctions or anything to see what they sell for there but looking at prices online they can go up to 250 or more dollars a pair! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom