Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I got my brooder box!!!!
I was a little worried I wouldn't get one because the last time I talked to one of the 'in the back" Costco guys, he gave me the big brush off like "We never give those away." I argued only briefly. But, he would have none of it.
So, today when I went in, I noticed two big empty dog bed boxes! I went back and waved a guy down and asked if I could take one. He said, "Absolutely!" So, I went over and began breaking it down. While I was breaking it down, three different people came by and asked when "I'd be getting more of those beds in stock. .." :)

Yes, I did throw it up on top of my cart and maneuver it through the aisles through pretty much everyone in Redding who had decided to shop there today... Coming through, people!!!

Got this pic from my d d in Kentucky. View attachment 1305390She says. . second day of spring my @$$

Looks about like here, and still coming down. Heavy chit pulled my duck pen fence down again. I knocked the snow off the netting before I left this morning and it was covered again when i got home. Luckily the netting stayed up. :rolleyes:

If your replacing wafers . The digital will come with probe sensors . And the probe will need to be at egg top . Really you just take the old system out and the probe is all that goes inside . The hard part is how to mount any new controller to the incubator itself . If it's forced air then the fan has to tie into the new controller power supply. Unless it is 12V then you need a 12V power supply . I was just looking on Incubator warehouse and unless they have free shipping . They are higher on GQF parts than GQF :confused:
nice! More than I think I need though... I am just replacing the wafer in 2 small incubators. .. one Styrofoam one, and the other is...well. an odd incubator I bought 20 years back... maybe I need to look inside them a bit better and figure out how a new thermostat will connect. hummmmm
Oh well:lau

Looks about like here, and still coming down. Heavy chit pulled my duck pen fence down again. I knocked the snow off the netting before I left this morning and it was covered again when i got home. Luckily the netting stayed up. :rolleyes:
Dang. Dislike! It's nice here today.

The purple Martins say it's spring. . I just luv luv luv hearing their chatter.
I'm worried they may have came a bit early this year though. Sometimes they freeze to death or starve if we get another bad spell. :(

Dislike! :(

So this evening I opened that nest box that all those girls were crammed into yesterday, and some were still there. I reached under for eggs, and tried shoving the whole bunch out, when I noticed a horrible white/yellow mess on one's rear end. Then I saw what I assume is partially prolapsed vent. So I grabbed her up, gave her an Epsom salt bath. She's in a tote in the dark now.

Nothing is totally hanging out. But when she "pushes" and her vent flexes, I can see a really red "glob".
Guess i gotta go research some more, as I haven't experienced this yet. :(
Any insight is appreciated.

Pretty much over here. We must've dodged the larger bullets; only have about 6" (6"= ..... doesn't it? ;) ) out of 14" forecast.

Back
Top Bottom