Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I like them they aren't to bad to wire and last for years .I used one for years in my old Brower just as a hatcher. I hatched hundreds of chicks with it . But something with a .1 or.2 degree on/ off is much more preferable in a incubator . I'm not really sure what the on /off range of a wafer is never checked it . I got rid of all of them and changed everything to digital .

is there a better grade digital that you like ?

Because yeah... the wafers haven't lasted all that long for me.

Slow down, feel for the hole, and gently insert has always worked for me. :old

No wonder you've stayed married so long. :thumbsup

Valdez! other end of the world :sick forever by car.

AND, calls do not tempt me! :lau

I thought you knew everyone in Alaska. That's what I get about WV people. :gig

I'm wondering if the motor in my auto coop door is starting to die. Its 3yrs old & is starting to randomly not shut. :barnie Gonna have to call Fleming I guess.

New batteries?
What's a Fleming?

:lau:lau selfie stick :idunno;) dang I forgot WV's quote

:eek:

I really needed that chuckle

byc CURTSY girl.gif

Finally got up enough steam to fill another cabinet. Candled the fourteen day eggs out of 180 tossed 75 .Couple of blood rings and early quitters and the rest clear . Cold I guess :idunnoNow I have to fill the empty space in that cabinet :barnie. Guess I'll wait for the seven day candle in the other one, and make a bigger hatch.:idunno

Finally got up enough steam to fill another cabinet. Candled the fourteen day eggs out of 180 tossed 75 .Couple of blood rings and early quitters and the rest clear . Cold I guess :idunnoNow I have to fill the empty space in that cabinet :barnie. Guess I'll wait for the seven day candle in the other one, and make a bigger hatch.:idunno
:th huge toss!

What is the roo to hen ratio?

is there a better grade digital that you like ?

Because yeah... the wafers haven't lasted all that long for me.
Really I have not found a better system than the GQF cabinet system . Fully electronic but dial controlled . My cabinets are old . I'm always amazed by the fact the heating element spring never gets red hot . Element not sure it would work with anything but the GQF thermostat . But when they made My cabinets it was controlled by dual wafers . the thermostat I use
CaptureGQF heat spring.JPG
GQF thermostat.JPG
the command center on the modern cabinets
GQF comand center.JPG

Really I have not found a better system than the GQF cabinet system . Fully electronic but dial controlled . My cabinets are old . I'm always amazed by the fact the heating element spring never gets red hot . Element not sure it would work with anything but the GQF thermostat . But when they made My cabinets it was controlled by dual wafers . the thermostat I use View attachment 1305377 View attachment 1305378 the command center on the modern cabinets View attachment 1305379
nice! More than I think I need though... I am just replacing the wafer in 2 small incubators. .. one Styrofoam one, and the other is...well. an odd incubator I bought 20 years back... maybe I need to look inside them a bit better and figure out how a new thermostat will connect. hummmmm

Back
Top Bottom