Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Still stuck at -4. No hurry to warm up this morning and a horefrost is rolling up from the river coating everything in white "frosting" that's starting to sparkle as the sun finally clears the trees. Not a single shot has been heard and Pa and the pup are snoozing in the recliner. Time to start my cyber shopping.
I haven't heard one shot this whole season.
Although there are a lot of people like me that just sick to a crossbow as long distance shots here aren't common.
Wife works at the store.... she said no one is getting much. I think a lot of the deer are hunkered down behind my house in the thick pines where no one hunts at all.
Heck I've only sat twice so far.... and not at all since I shot the doe.
Hoping my lungs are good to go tomorrow so I can hunt.
20181118_091235.jpg
Just found out we are in the middle of the new CWD surveillance zone......:hmm

You have more computing power in your hand than what sent man to the moon. Scary when you think about it!
And enough memory ..... my first desktop computer cost $1700 and had a 4GB hard drive. I'm sitting with over 240 GB in my hand.
Crazy.....
In college I had to design and build a digital alarm clock with snooze for my final.
I though those old chips were amazing..... they are basically a vacuum tubes compared to today's chips....

Wish we had better cell reception and I probably would too. I have nice Tracfone Samsung I bought on an Amazon deal that I'm still figuring out everything it can do. I literally have over a gb of accumulated text time and over 1000 minutes than that piled up on air time. I've never used the data I don't think. Most of it is rollover from my older phone.
I don't have cell signal here either.... but wifi works.

Been several years since my shingles, and my right hand still isn't back to normal due to nerve damage; doubt it ever will be.
I just found out there is a new shingles vaccine that I CAN get.....I can't get live vaccines. But last time I was at the VA the flu shot nurse told me about it.... they were giving free singles vaccines..... but not the kind I can get.

And enough memory ..... my first desktop computer cost $1700 and had a 4GB hard drive. I'm sitting with over 240 GB in my hand.
Crazy.....
In college I had to design and build a digital alarm clock with snooze for my final.
I though those old chips were amazing..... they are basically a vacuum tubes compared to today's chips....
My 1st cb base station was a tube job; Lafayette Dang thing was huge by today's standards, but it sure would talk!

Back
Top Bottom