Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hello, Pond!
I hope you've all had a good day. Mine has been busy. We hit the ground running this morning, and finally came in a few minutes ago (8:15) We started the day going down to Camp to help clean up the buildings and get it ready for our 3 weeks of kids. (It starts in 15 days...) We were there from 9-3:30. There were about a dozen people down there. Came home, and DH headed over to church to mow. (He mows our church and cemetery) While he was gone, I opened up and checked our Costco, Walmart and Sam's club orders. (I ordred a bunch of food for Camp and had it delivered.) Loaded a bunch of the food into my car. When DH got home, we changed clothes, went to a graduation open house, then back down to Camp to unload the groceries. After we got home, we went out and started putting up fence for my two horses. We usually have them over at my mom's by now, but the horse trailer is still sitting in water. (There is not usually water where we park it. It's just that wet here.) We're hoping our little bit of pasture can hold them over until it dries out enough to haul them over.

Hope you've all had a good day today. We had sunshine and 70's. Couldn't ask for better weather than that.

Camp again already? :eek: It seems like that was just a few months ago. Crazy how fast time flies.

Oh sure ask me, a person who can't find her way out of most department stores but, that's a boring story for another day. Sanibel Island is off the coast of Ft.Meyers (?)- you drive the causeway to there. The island beyond it (North I think) is Captiva.

Gorgeous place and was one of the top shelling beaches in the world back then. I think I brought home a big chunk of them. It would be great to go there Alaskan and forget about frostbite. Google it and you'll find out all you want to know.

Did you ever get the very belated birthday card I sent you? My sister claims she never got my "Mother's Day Card," and her daughter never got her birthday card. Funny when my brother sends them stuff it always comes through. I think it's because he puts nice checks in the envelopes and I don't have moolah. :(
Ha!

I forgot to tell you! Smack me! :smack

I LOVED IT! I was carrying it around for a few days showing everyone that I met! Probably made a pest of myself! :lau Total hoot!

So in short... I loved it... thank you!

Just got back from a wedding. Whew!

I was in a bit of a pickle... it was a wedding in a bar, a BAR, so spouse and I were clueless as to what to wear...

We both voted for the "local nice" standard dress and were a bit (uh, way) underdressed compared to the bride and groom, but not the worst dressed of the guests.... so OK I guess. :rolleyes:

Great food... well, it was a potluck, and kid 2 made a bunch of oatmeal cookies AND SPOUSE SAID THAT WE HAD TO LEAVE THE LEFT OVERS!!!! :barnie:barnie:barnie There were LOTS left over!!! WE ABANDONED COOKIES!!! :hit

Achem...... talking of Alaska stuff...

Did I tell ya all that at kid 2's graduation last weekend there were a few performances... and one of the performers came on stage barefoot. :gig

but the horse trailer is still sitting in water

:rant Hate it when things like that gum up the works.

Glad everything else moved along.

Oh.. at the wedding... the song playing as we left... "Take another piece of my heart" :gig AT A WEDDING !!!!! :lau

Hello, Pond!
I hope you've all had a good day. Mine has been busy. We hit the ground running this morning, and finally came in a few minutes ago (8:15) We started the day going down to Camp to help clean up the buildings and get it ready for our 3 weeks of kids. (It starts in 15 days...) We were there from 9-3:30. There were about a dozen people down there. Came home, and DH headed over to church to mow. (He mows our church and cemetery) While he was gone, I opened up and checked our Costco, Walmart and Sam's club orders. (I ordred a bunch of food for Camp and had it delivered.) Loaded a bunch of the food into my car. When DH got home, we changed clothes, went to a graduation open house, then back down to Camp to unload the groceries. After we got home, we went out and started putting up fence for my two horses. We usually have them over at my mom's by now, but the horse trailer is still sitting in water. (There is not usually water where we park it. It's just that wet here.) We're hoping our little bit of pasture can hold them over until it dries out enough to haul them over.

Hope you've all had a good day today. We had sunshine and 70's. Couldn't ask for better weather than that.
Glad you had a nice day. We got a high sitting right on top of us .Hot as the dickens and dry as a bone . I been fencing to get the goats out of my garden .If days weren't full I'd sit around more .It's so late we'll just have to water a lot this year and everything will be really late .I spent the last few hours of daylight trying to get my rock drills to work:hmm they just won't work right :idunno One is nearly new looks fine had it apart twice and still it just isn't working . The last time used it, It just quit working, and I can't figure out why:idunnoI got rock every where . Can't fence without them .It is a mess . If I had deep soil in more places I could drive wood post . My driver will drive a ten inch post easy . :hitOh well like DW says if it was easy somebody else would own it :lau Spent all my money on tractors and a air compressor, so a new $1200 drill is out of the question .:th

Glad you had a nice day. We got a high sitting right on top of us .Hot as the dickens and dry as a bone . I been fencing to get the goats out of my garden .If days weren't full I'd sit around more .It's so late we'll just have to water a lot this year and everything will be really late .I spent the last few hours of daylight trying to get my rock drills to work:hmm they just won't work right :idunno One is nearly new looks fine had it apart twice and still it just isn't working . The last time used it, It just quit working, and I can't figure out why:idunnoI got rock every where . Can't fence without them .It is a mess . If I had deep soil in more places I could drive wood post . My driver will drive a ten inch post easy . :hitOh well like DW says if it was easy somebody else would own it :lau Spent all my money on tractors and a air compressor, so a new $1200 drill is out of the question .:th
That bites!!!

Making a hole where the ground grows rock takes a blasted forever (or some strong blasting power)

You would have loved fencing with us today. The ground is so soft, I was stepping the t-posts in. DH felt the need to pound them in a couple of times each, but they did just go right in. I have never seen a rock drill. No garden planted for us yet. The garden is way too wet. It's a muddy mess.

We borrowed a log splitter today - wow, was that nice! We had pretty widespread tree devastation from that freak February snow storm, and have been making slow but steady progress on getting it cleaned up before fire season. We've done 9 burn piles and stacked about 3 cords of wood. Crazy!
20190222_092754.jpg

Just a sampling of the front yard fun! :)

:rant Hate it when things like that gum up the works.

Glad everything else moved along.

Oh.. at the wedding... the song playing as we left... "Take another piece of my heart" :gig AT A WEDDING !!!!! :lau
Rofl. That's great. Little different, not as strange as this one though
My goth girl wants this song at her wedding.
She's a huge labyrinth/David Bowie fan.

Back
Top Bottom