Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Morning Ponders,
This was just like us driving to town Saturday for the puppers vet appointment except nobody marked the side of the highway so we just stayed in the middle most of the way. Began too think this wasn't maybe the best decision when we realized us and the snowplows were pretty much alone out there. Oh, and you know it's bad when you finally see a squad car and they are actually NOT going over the speed limit! That's like spotting a Big Foot around here!!! :lau
1579531092506.png

Morning Ponders,
This was just like us driving to town Saturday for the puppers vet appointment except nobody marked the side of the highway so we just stayed in the middle most of the way. Began too think this wasn't maybe the best decision when we realized us and the snowplows were pretty much alone out there. Oh, and you know it's bad when you finally see a squad car and they are actually NOT going over the speed limit! That's like spotting a Big Foot around here!!! :lau
View attachment 2007049
At least your plows were out. Ours didn’t go out until Sunday morning when it quit blowing.

Currently in the world, there are 1.468 billion cows. One cow releases between 70 and 120 kg of methane a year. Methane gas is 25 times more powerful than CO2, 80 times more powerful over 20 years, in terms of its impact on the environment. Methane gas, which mainly is from agriculture, now accounts for 16% of all greenhouse gas emissions. Cows on their own contribute 37% of these emissions.

The USDA reports that there are now 98.4 million cattle in the US as of January 2019.

Sorry, I had to correct that picture :p

Good news is, as in that first link I posted, it should be possible to actually selectively breed for cattle that produce less methane. But who knows if that will actually happen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom