Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Wanna come candle mine think I will try after dark tonight. You know I
added three 5 days later under another silkie

I gotta check on my only one with a detached air cell that was developing. The one that had an intact air cell is alive and well in my Harris Farms with the new eggs. I'll have to pop down to the garage where the Brinsea lives and candle the one in there to see how it's doing.

So VW You did get him back huh ? Funny when the ferals we tamed
went to be altered they only trusted us had them in carriers

Yes I got him back, 10 hours later.
I had him in a carrier, but apparently I didn’t get one of the latches into the hole properly and he pulled the door open and got out.

@WVduckchick I'd run away too from the dramatic removal. The gradual removal through long term relationship is far less traumatic. :p

bwahaha. :lau

Good news on my Luikse Vechter (liege fighter) eggs! I am happy to say I just candled the ones I got from a different source and I think every single one is developing. It's a bit early, but by tomorrow I can probably confirm.

:wee

Good luck! I didnt collect call eggs this weekend. After spending alllll day yesterday cat-hunting, I didn’t feel like messing with it. Plus, I pulled a muscle in my back when I slid in some mud. I’m hoping we have a better week coming.

Wanna come candle mine think I will try after dark tonight. You know I
added three 5 days later under another silkie

Lay a towel on her head after dark to be able to reach under her. :D

Well didn't follow much of @mixedUPturk 's recipe... Well I mostly didn't follow it....

I loosely followed a recipe from
Homesteading Family

I added in more turmeric and a whole head of garlic and a heaping spoon full of pickling spices. Oh and I also added in Green olives with pimento in them.

Not an apple cider vinegar Fan
So I used:
4 C white vinegar
1 C Water
1 Tb heaping Cosher salt
1 Tb heaping pickling spices
1 head of Garlic thereabouts after I got done mangling it.... Enough for four for each of six jars.

I even had some Pickling solution left over.... so I did a wild and crazy thing.... Poured about a cup of Olives in a half pint jar. Added in the rest of my Sweet Peppers and their juice... Different jar of peppers I forgot I had..... :oops: Then split the other head of garlic in half and shoved it in the jar.... Roots peel and all. Then i topped it off with the rest of the turmeric solution... Which came out with a perfect 1/4 inch of head space.... Like I planned it all.

I haven't got it in the canner because I need my sons help... Still wobbly. I used my energy filling up the ham hock pot... Did I just say Ham Hock Pot.... yepper.

Got four ham shanks in the pot for may many many aforementioned times I said I was going to do beans.

deb

I gotta check on my only one with a detached air cell that was developing. The one that had an intact air cell is alive and well in my Harris Farms with the new eggs. I'll have to pop down to the garage where the Brinsea lives and candle the one in there to see how it's doing.

Just looked them up.Neat looking bird! What color/s will you get?

Back
Top Bottom