Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

all good. They are still at the place I am staying. Same temperatures Lots of shade.

When I see heat stress is when it get up to 105. They usually get up on the perches in the run and in the shade and nap. wings a little drooped. Its when the hens get in the nest box I worry. I have a design for a water chilled nest set up. Still have to draw up the plans for it.

deb
Good. and good luck on the nest plans.

all good. They are still at the place I am staying. Same temperatures Lots of shade.

When I see heat stress is when it get up to 105. They usually get up on the perches in the run and in the shade and nap. wings a little drooped. Its when the hens get in the nest box I worry. I have a design for a water chilled nest set up. Still have to draw up the plans for it.

deb
There’s probably no rush if your current neighbors aren’t complaining, right?

Be careful not to over do it. You know I worry like an old Italian grandmother.

We bought live mealworms today for our next adventure... Growing them.

Those things are nasty! The woman who sold them to us handed me a carton of them with the lid off & said, “just stick your hand down in there & swirl it around.” I said, “Thank you, but I’m not there yet.”:th:lau

The kids aren’t happy, but the birds will be.

Those things are nasty! The woman who sold them to us handed me a carton of them with the lid off & said, “just stick your hand down in there & swirl it around.” I said, “Thank you, but I’m not there yet.”:th:lau

I. Just. Couldn't.

I. Just. Couldn't.
I know, I know. I’ve felt that way for a long time, but my dried meal worm bill is killing me. I have hope that I’ll eventually man up & desensitize from the creep factor, but until then it’s DHs chore. (I’m just glad that he can’t travel right now.)

Italian grandmother?????

What are you going to cook me!!! :drool

Gravy. :oops:

Don't keep them in styrofoam; they'll chew their way out. Trust me.

Back
Top Bottom