Crossing the Road
Oct 28, 2014
Waiting for epicness.
My Coop
Wow! I’m sorry! :hugs
Thanks.
Sounds like a dash through 2020

:hugs

Lost family members, like they just moved out?
It's been quite a year. Lol.

No, my great great aunt passed in January and an "adopted aunt" passed in mid Feb, very sudden. She was supposed to meet my sister and uncle to get him out of rehab (foot surgery) and never showed so my sister went to check on her and found the door busted open by the EMs. Took half a day to locate which hospital she was in. Had a heart attack about 5-6 that morning. That was a Monday. Wednesday she died. :( Then my uncle (her husband) died in late may. He was 83. He was one of my biggest father figures.
Sounds like some of the good and bad of life, dan. We're good here. Being mostly smart and waiting out the year.
It has definitely come in twos and threes. Lol.
Well that's good.
Wow! Been quite a year for you, huh? We’ve been well. Busy, but that’s not a terrible thing.
Yeah, you could say that :lol:. That's great.

chickisoup

one Blessed chick
Premium Feather Member
Oct 21, 2013
northern exposure Wisconsin
Going to be having a mass selloff here shortly if these hens don't get it in gear; 6 proven layers, 3 that were hatched this Spring, and not a single egg in almost a month. Only a couple, at the most, for a month or so before that. DW had to buy eggs at the store last week.

Even my older birds aren't that old...3 years max, maybe.

Molting so hard there's more feathers than shavings in the coop.
same here. I've started threatening them that since there will only be two of us for Thanksgiving this year, a turkey might be too much but a big fat featherloafer hen would taste good!

bobbi-j

Enabler
Mar 15, 2010
On the MN prairie.
Thanks.

It's been quite a year. Lol.

No, my great great aunt passed in January and an "adopted aunt" passed in mid Feb, very sudden. She was supposed to meet my sister and uncle to get him out of rehab (foot surgery) and never showed so my sister went to check on her and found the door busted open by the EMs. Took half a day to locate which hospital she was in. Had a heart attack about 5-6 that morning. That was a Monday. Wednesday she died. :( Then my uncle (her husband) died in late may. He was 83. He was one of my biggest father figures.

It has definitely come in twos and threes. Lol.
Well that's good.

Yeah, you could say that :lol:. That's great.
So sorry for your losses, Dan. :hugs

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
Ack!

What a year you have had! :hugs

Hopefully 2021 is better.

How is your weather? This la Niña year has been handing out freaky weather.

We have only had spotty almost no snow, but lots of rain and wind.

dan26552

Crossing the Road
Oct 28, 2014
Waiting for epicness.
My Coop
So sorry for your losses, Dan. :hugs
thanks.

Ack!

What a year you have had! :hugs

Hopefully 2021 is better.

How is your weather? This la Niña year has been handing out freaky weather.

We have only had spotty almost no snow, but lots of rain and wind.
It's had its ups and downs.

It's been a fairly wet year, I don't think it was as hot as usual. Good year for pecans though.

Top Bottom