Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Got a nice doe 9 days ago with the xbow. Son's here with me now for two weeks for our rifle season.
How 'bout yours

tried my first crack at whitetail hunting this fall. Very different than western big game hunting. Heard wolves howling one night as I walked back to the cabin we were staying in. Probably why we didn’t see many deer. I didn’t get one this year.

Hi Pond Gobblers!!!
The skim on the pond is a bit slippery! Does the python like gravy?
I made a small turkey but I think we will still be eating it well into December unless I surrender and throw the whole thing into pot of soup.
We did Black Friday shopping redneck style (sort of). Got on the Fleet Farm site on Thursday and scooped up the deals on tie downs, warm socks, etc. to be picked upon Friday (everything locked up for Thanksgiving this year, YEA!). That was nice, just drive around to the lumber gate, hand them the email and voila! The bag just magically appears! Had to still go inside and nose around in the hunting section where I wound up standing in line for a total of an hour because they only had one registration station and every guy in the county was there for the gun deals, and as it turned out so was the DH. (Here comes the real red neck part) He was buying me a nice light 22 rifle with a scope for Christmas!!! And, since it was MY rifle, guess who gets to stand in line to do my background check/gun registration on their only station? (Did I ever say how sneaky/smart my DH is?) Didn't go in early enough to get a free stuffed reindeer so we had to make a stop at Menards for their Black Friday deals on pet toys for our pupper and all the grand puppies. Still can't get all the Christmas shopping done online (like buying a gun). But, everything else is either wrapped and on the way or will be this week, including the Christmas cards. A little late, I'm usually finished by the end of October but nothing is normal this year after all.

Hope all my fellow pond dwellers had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving :hugs
and found lots to be thankful for (we did).

Last edited:
Sure sound like you had a real good time .. I am head to head to my Buds place pick up more peeps had 7 brought home but 5 dead the next morning ?
so sorry on the lost peeps, that's always so hard. You're right. It was a good time. No one in line (or waiting to be started) was in a bad mood and I even got behind a wonderful young couple on their way to grandma's up in our neighborhood but the DH just had to grab the deal on a nice 30/6. They had baby that laughed and smiled at everyone the whole time. Then at Menards I scarfed up basket full of dog toys and even a small set of screw bits all for less than a $20.

We have no Menards. There is a Sunbirds use to be huge still has a pretty good sized store go to anything that is when we find good stuff buy most if not all my garden stuff

Pictures while walking to church.

20201128_165133.jpg
20201128_173921.jpg

Wolves scare the tar out of me...

Smart predators. :oops:
Orca whales scare me. Another freakishly smart predator.

There is a story that a few years ago the captive whales at sea world were tired of eating the buckets of fish parts the trainers were tossing in there. One day one of the alpha whales ate the food, then barfed it out & went to the bottom of the tank. When a seagull came down to eat the barfed up fish, the whale launched up & ate the seagull. All the other whales were watching & within a ridiculously short period of time they were all baiting & eating seagulls.

Have you seen the videos where they come all the way on to the shore to eat a seal, or of them killing giant sharks? The one that scares me the most is the video of the pod of orcas swimming next to a speeding speed boat. I stopped breathing a little when I saw that one. :th

Back
Top Bottom