Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I like to have the same DDS as my kids do so that I can try them out before putting the kids in the chair. At the same time I feel like an imposter walking in with the kids, pretending to be a calm, intelligent parent when the doctor already knows I’m a fragile, white knuckled, coward.
I've cried in the dentist chair. Cried.

Me too girl. Even yesterday. They were silent, snotless tears thank Heaven, but they were quietly running past my shaded goggles & into my hair none the less.

They called me today to confirm next weeks appointment. This is way to early for a confirmation & I could tell by the way she hesitated while asking, “How are you???” That she knew I’d be damaged & might not show up. I’m proud to say I opened my mouth as wide as I could & said in my happy voice, “Great! I’m fine. Thank you so much, buh-bye.” ... This is the true power of a crunchy taco addiction.

I need to go in. But I haven't. I like my dentist - he's a former student of mine - I've got no good excuse.

In other news, I just finished a 20 chick hatch!!! Babies!
IMG_20201226_161713126.jpg

Me too. When I do have to have work done, I bring my headphones and listen to soothing music. I crank it up to help cover the noise of the power tools. I tell them, "If you need me to do something, you're going to have to get my attetion first, becase I'm checking out." I did find out the last time I went in for a cleaning that if they don't use the power tools and do it manually, I don't need the gas. I can't handle the sound of those things!

Me too. When I do have to have work done, I bring my headphones and listen to soothing music. I crank it up to help cover the noise of the power tools. I tell them, "If you need me to do something, you're going to have to get my attetion first, becase I'm checking out." I did find out the last time I went in for a cleaning that if they don't use the power tools and do it manually, I don't need the gas. I can't handle the sound of those things!

I don’t mind the noise. It’s the needles & the smell/taste that gets to me. The metallic instruments, the blood & the bone dust all mixed up with the too sweet medicines ... it just totally sends me over the edge.

Back
Top Bottom