Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Photobombing various updates...

Chicks hatched from abbevilleoz's eggs...
smile.png

Recessive white Ameraucana hatched from my Lav and Black Split...

And new line of direct Blehm Lav Am's...

Pretty silkies! Nice color on the Lav Ams too! Almost ghostly!

Side note -- do you find the ones with the sort of elongated head, like in the center of that one pic, to be males? Seems to be the case with my lav orps. Females seem more round headed.

gotta love those recessive whites...

Surprised the crap outta me... the odds were astronomical, lol...

Pretty silkies!  Nice color on the Lav Ams too!  Almost ghostly! 

Side note -- do you find the ones with the sort of elongated head, like in the center of that one pic, to be males?  Seems to be the case with my lav orps.  Females seem more round headed. 

Never compared that actually... but I'm also not one to worry too much on gender... either I sell off as chicks, or I grow out for evaluating, no matter the gender... if I get a better male, I'll keep as my second and/or replacement and keep going... gotta keep improving to keep moving forward... :)

Surprised the crap outta me... the odds were astronomical, lol...
Never compared that actually... but I'm also not one to worry too much on gender... either I sell off as chicks, or I grow out for evaluating, no matter the gender... if I get a better male, I'll keep as my second and/or replacement and keep going... gotta keep improving to keep moving forward... :)
I'd say the odds were one in 137 :gig

I agree with both you and Ravyn. If it is something they caught from my place, I want to know what it is so I can avoid it in the future, but that long after hatch...
It would make me feel better to sell them at a discount, but I would be livid if I found out I was being taken advantage of.
I've texted her today, and she said they were not brooded with other chicks, and they have not been exposed to other chickens, her chicks and chickens are all kept in separate pens. I know that her definition of "exposed" is a little different than mine, but still. Assuming she's being honest, the chicks she got from me are the only ones having issues. She says she has hatched over 100 this year with no issues. That leads me to agree with WV that hers are carrying something mine can't handle, or they picked up something here before they left. I'll probably do like Ravyn said and hold the next batch for a week before I sell them, but it will be at least a week before I set any more

Lamey......after you described her to me I want to say so much....but I refrain....but I want you to know holding this much laughter is unhealthy....kinda like holding in a fart......

Ask her for a pic of their poop. 

No don't ask her to see poop.....God knows what you'll end up with.....:gig

Back
Top Bottom