Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Thanks. Here's a side shot. The 2 with white chests are really pretty, but look just a bit different. They aren't real friendly yet, so its been hard to get comparison pics of them, but one seems more variegated in the gray area. The other is real smooth gray.

Looks good!

You want a deep salmon breast on a SDW... and the gray should be stippled... white chested are very pretty, you gonna keep them? They'll probably calm down when they get close to POL...

Looks good!

You want a deep salmon breast on a SDW... and the gray should be stippled... white chested are very pretty, you gonna keep them? They'll probably calm down when they get close to POL...

Stippled... That's the word I was looking for :D I guess the dominant silver from the male made the white? Because my mixed hens have dark chests. Although they could have come from the girl that was more blonde chested.

Also I'm starting the question the 4 that the choc hatched. I thought for sure those were pure SDW eggs, but 3 of the chicks are very light chipmunk. But... the 2 whiter chicks were very dark chipmunk at hatch :/ at least one of them was.

Oops, didn't answer if I'm gonna keep them. Still undecided. If I have enough room for a mixed pen, I'm thinking about it. I really like the looks of them, but I want the SDWs and the self blues pure.

Looks good!

So you made the sale today I guess ? Ran into my mail carrier there and she wants me to fix her incubator
hmm.png
.I'm beat from the heat storm didn't get close to us . so the afternoon heat never dropped .Stayed hot till dark .I'm killing time waiting for more rats to come out to shoot.

Last edited:
Stippled... That's the word I was looking for :D I guess the dominant silver from the male made the white? Because my mixed hens have dark chests. Although they could have come from the girl that was more blonde chested.

Also I'm starting the question the 4 that the choc hatched. I thought for sure those were pure SDW eggs, but 3 of the chicks are very light chipmunk. But... the 2 whiter chicks were very dark chipmunk at hatch :/ at least one of them was.

White coulda came from the hens... remember recessive hides... and no way of knowing what was mixed in their background...

Wait til they feather out on the chicks, could be mixed but might be pure...

Oops, didn't answer if I'm gonna keep them. Still undecided. If I have enough room for a mixed pen, I'm thinking about it. I really like the looks of them, but I want the SDWs and the self blues pure.

I hear ya...

So you made the sale today I guess ? Ran into my mail carrier there and she wants me to fix her incubator :/ .I'm beat from the heat storm didn't get close to us . so the afternoon heat never dropped .Stayed hot till dark .I'm killing time waiting for more rats to come out to shoot.

Barely, but yes, dropped off a few birds... had to, had 4 co.... boys from a friend to take too... nowhere near what I wanted to get rid of but oh, well... chitty @$$ day today... see my post earlier? :/

Come shoot the ones here... they've been out since before dark... :/

What a day...

Lost the hen, it was EYP and she prolapsed as well... at least it was quick... woke up with torn nail duck curled up on my chest, she is playing up this owie...
Sorry to hear that Ravyn. I haven't lost a bird yet. That duck is really taking to you! Sleeping on your chest. That's very sweet.
Lav Orp got sick of the Leghorn boy and beat him up until the coop popped open, spent an hour trying to catch that stupid flighty thing... turkey bit my finger first thing, so I'm slinging blood around while trying to gather up the birds for sale... and the grow outs got loose just as I was trying to box most of them up, so didn't get rid of half of what I wanted to...
That is a terrible day! I'm sorry! Hugs.

Ohiki had a hidden nest and hatched 2 chicks, but is still setting on a bunch of eggs...

Adorable twins!

And one of the Silver Calls went broody, in a bad spot, lol...

Wow...she's not too smart is she..? But she's real pretty!

Now I've got to bathe a dog and 2 cats thanks to the nasty flea population explosion lately..

Oh my gosh, and it just won't end!

The up side? Storm blew over us without dumping but dropped the temp 20°... got a nice cool breeze going...

Thank goodness!

Saw the dumbest "house-sitting" story on one of those "entertainment tonite" type shows a couple days ago. Apparently this guy had been hired to live-in sit for a cat. The owner had a video monitoring system and got notified of movement by text or email or something. Tuned in his camera to see the cat-sitter having sex on the couch, I think. Got furious and fired the sitter.

I mean, if they agreed to no visitors, then I could see being mad, but he was CAT sitting. Not a human baby, not something that required much work. A cat! He didn't throw a big party. So what, he invited a female over! Ugh. People need to get a life.

Well, I don't know WV...strangers having sex
on my couch sounds pretty icky...think about it..family night..., kids curled up on couch..their little faces against the couch....eating...I think it's pretty intrusive..in my opinion.
We worked on the boat all day today, and didn't get any coop work done, but I did get a few chick pics.

How cute! I just love the little white one! She's a very pretty girl.

So you made the sale today I guess ? Ran into my mail carrier there and she wants me to fix her incubator :/ .I'm beat from the heat storm didn't get close to us . so the afternoon heat never dropped .Stayed hot till dark .I'm killing time waiting for more rats to come out to shoot.

Mail carriers incubator...only in a small town!
And she said she'll just leave it on your front porch the next day! lol
What do you shoot all those rats with anyway?

Bonfire......:thumsup

Cool bonfire. Looks like it was lots of fun!

Good morning boys and girls. I've tossed and turned most of the night, don't know why I can't sleep. This eve I'll treat Hawk's foot. I'm anxious to see what it looks like. She probably could have used antibiotics. We'll see how she does. Guess I'm gonna get up early. Hope your day goes well
1f49b.png

Back
Top Bottom