Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Can they come kill some of mine? :D

Ha! Talk about all us with chicks hatching! :p
My first frizzle chick just hatched, pips in the other 3 eggs. Still nothing under the seramas. I'm getting worried...

Seems like a decent plan to me! This one have bumble?? My Bacardi is limping. badly. I think Jax has decided that he's #1, and is being mean to the other boys, now that all the rest are gone. As beautiful as he is, his little ass better straighten up, or he's leaving too.
I did catch Bacardi, and the foot he is limping on has a couple spots that i hope aren't the start of bumbles. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure duck does. Jane just has a couple of sore looking places so treating her too before it gets worse. We bought a rubber mat for them so they aren't walking on wire anymore.

One of my big ducks is laying. This is a dilemma. If it's Sugar, the pekin, I don't want to hatch them because I don't want mixed breeds. She's just a pet that a drake I had a couple years ago brought home from somewhere, and I don't really want to hatch her eggs. I don't mind if she does it, but I don't want to do it on purpose.

If it's one of the welshies though, I would like to hatch them.

Oy. I might have to mark vents. I suspect it's not Sugar, because unlike most pekins she actually makes a nest and then sits. These eggs are just around the coop. But I can't be sure.

One of my big ducks is laying. This is a dilemma. If it's Sugar, the pekin, I don't want to hatch them because I don't want mixed breeds. She's just a pet that a drake I had a couple years ago brought home from somewhere, and I don't really want to hatch her eggs. I don't mind if she does it, but I don't want to do it on purpose.

Oy. I might have to mark vents. I suspect it's not Sugar, because unlike most pekins she actually makes a nest and then sits. These eggs are just around the coop. But I can't be sure.
Mark vents??
I get the concept, just never heard of it so...How do you do that?

Mark vents??
I get the concept, just never heard of it so...How do you do that?

Food coloring in the vent :) The egg comes out smeared with it for the next day or so. You can also use lipstick, but I wouldn't recommend using it again for its usual use afterwards :lau

They would if you paid them. :D

They always beg though, if they can just skin. They hate plucking. :confused: Since I don't have to do any work, I usually let them skin, unless it is a nice big bird we want for a special meal.

Food coloring in the vent :) The egg comes out smeared with it for the next day or so. You can also use lipstick, but I wouldn't recommend using it again for its usual use afterwards :lau

wow! Uh.... :lau :eek:

My hen that was sitting a clutch including 3 AC eggs, hatched 4 chicks and 3 more to go 2 of the chicks are ACs....:celebrate
Just found em and moved Everyone plus eggs to a large crate in the milk room. It's too dark in there now for pics but I'll get some in the morning.:wee

:highfive:

View attachment 1133321 so I think I found a good way to soak duck feet. Poured the Epsom salt water on the towel and put them in here with a fish of water with greens to keep them occupied. . hoping it still doesn't the trick. .with less drinkable salt water ? Ya all think this is a good idea or bad idea?

Good idea! :thumbsup

Ha! Talk about all us with chicks hatching! :p
My first frizzle chick just hatched, pips in the other 3 eggs. Still nothing under the seramas. I'm getting worried...

Seems like a decent plan to me! This one have bumble?? My Bacardi is limping. badly. I think Jax has decided that he's #1, and is being mean to the other boys, now that all the rest are gone. As beautiful as he is, his little ass better straighten up, or he's leaving too.
I did catch Bacardi, and the foot he is limping on has a couple spots that i hope aren't the start of bumbles. :rolleyes:

Warm epsom salt water soak... might just be a sprain... and little spots will happen on their feet, no biggie... mine like to tramp through blackberry brambles... :rolleyes:

I forgot the best part of my first little cochin hatcher....its a splash! Now if only i could get lucky enough for it to be a girl! :p

I'm trying to build a splash cochin pen, and a couple frizzle girls would be awesome.

:celebrate :fl :fl

Hope it's your Welshies!

They would if you paid them. :D

They always beg though, if they can just skin. They hate plucking. :confused: Since I don't have to do any work, I usually let them skin, unless it is a nice big bird we want for a special meal.

wow! Uh.... :lau :eek:
I do the same...If it's just gonna be soup or something that I'm going to cut the meat up for ill skin.
So much easier!

Back
Top Bottom