Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

My stuff is situated under a big, spreading Maple, but the run's completely covered with 2x4 welded wire with a tarp over that, so nothing of consequence is going to get from above. Did lose a bird to a hawk that dropped into the chicken yard, over the fence, but now there's netting over that. Before the netting, I'd occasionally be visited by an opportunistic squirrel looking for scraps missed by the chickens.
My snafu was when I raised my little coop up on legs, I put one side of it too close to the welded wire. All my coops are in the centers of their fully enclosed runs (or solid boards sit next to the wire) except this one; it was my fault entirely.
IMG_20180425_090820_kindlephoto-124161594.jpg

IMG_20180425_090801.jpg

Morning Pond :frow
just thought I would pop in and let you know I'm still here and not that lump you might be feeling squishing between your toes at the bottom of the pond ;).

Way too far behind to even attempt to catch up so I'll just express my condolences, congratulations or whatever is appropriate, I mean sincerely. You all really are very important to me.

We hit 60o on Sunday which turned out be way too hot a day to choose to give the coop it's spring clean out but I got it done. I was finally healed up enough to do it (kind of reinjured everything dragging the snowthrower around). Which reminds me, the snow is melting!!! :celebrate We've been hitting around 60 degrees for several days (tho still in the 20's at night) which is great because the cycle has meant a slower melt so no serious flooding, at least up here. Not quite so to our south but then they had already been getting pretty wet. Anyplace we plowed is already bare and then some and even the high drifts are shrinking fast.

My pup had her surgery yesterday. Long rough day on the poor girl. We were finally able to pick her up late in the day. When the vet tech went to get her she warned us that even tho she was still groggy she seemed very agitated. She was giving the very sweet tech a hard time as they came around the corner making it hard for her to hang on to her until I took her into my arms. She realized who now had her and she just melted into my shoulder and calmed right down. Spoiled baby. She relaxed and slept in my lap all the way home. The timing on the snow disappearing couldn't be better, it makes it easier for my poor pup to get around with only one eye and wearing the "cone of shame". DH is calling her his "lightbulb" because she looks like she's wearing a lampshade. This from the big toughie that kept bugging me all day about why the vet hadn't called yet. ;)
I thought about posting a pic but she looks pretty gross right now. Let's just say having her third eyelid pulled up and literally buttoned to her forehead and everything all swollen up is definitely NOT her best look! At least so far she's being a sweetheart about the cone. She just woke up from her nap on my lap so it's time for lunch and her next round of antibiotics so I have to scoot for now. It's just us girls because the DH took the trailer to town to pick up the panels I need for my greenhouse roof to replace the ones damaged this winter. Such a big sweetie. Have a great day everyone!
BBL

My snafu was when I raised my little coop up on legs, I put one side of it too close to the welded wire. All my coops are in the centers of their fully enclosed runs (or solid boards sit next to the wire) except this one; it was my fault entirely.
View attachment 1356511
View attachment 1356513
Glad ya found it! :clap
Hope it's an easy fix..:fl
Morning Pond :frow
just thought I would pop in and let you know I'm still here and not that lump you might be feeling squishing between your toes at the bottom of the pond ;).

Way too far behind to even attempt to catch up so I'll just express my condolences, congratulations or whatever is appropriate, I mean sincerely. You all really are very important to me.

We hit 60o on Sunday which turned out be way too hot a day to choose to give the coop it's spring clean out but I got it done. I was finally healed up enough to do it (kind of reinjured everything dragging the snowthrower around). Which reminds me, the snow is melting!!! :celebrate We've been hitting around 60 degrees for several days (tho still in the 20's at night) which is great because the cycle has meant a slower melt so no serious flooding, at least up here. Not quite so to our south but then they had already been getting pretty wet. Anyplace we plowed is already bare and then some and even the high drifts are shrinking fast.

My pup had her surgery yesterday. Long rough day on the poor girl. We were finally able to pick her up late in the day. When the vet tech went to get her she warned us that even tho she was still groggy she seemed very agitated. She was giving the very sweet tech a hard time as they came around the corner making it hard for her to hang on to her until I took her into my arms. She realized who now had her and she just melted into my shoulder and calmed right down. Spoiled baby. She relaxed and slept in my lap all the way home. The timing on the snow disappearing couldn't be better, it makes it easier for my poor pup to get around with only one eye and wearing the "cone of shame". DH is calling her his "lightbulb" because she looks like she's wearing a lampshade. This from the big toughie that kept bugging me all day about why the vet hadn't called yet. ;)
I thought about posting a pic but she looks pretty gross right now. Let's just say having her third eyelid pulled up and literally buttoned to her forehead and everything all swollen up is definitely NOT her best look! At least so far she's being a sweetheart about the cone. She just woke up from her nap on my lap so it's time for lunch and her next round of antibiotics so I have to scoot for now. It's just us girls because the DH took the trailer to town to pick up the panels I need for my greenhouse roof to replace the ones damaged this winter. Such a big sweetie. Have a great day everyone!
BBL
Oh I'm so glad she's doing good through all of this.. poor thing :hugs
And yay for slow melting snow.. But please be careful out there and no getting hurt!:old

View attachment 1356511
View attachment 1356513

Definitely a coon, d**n b**tards!!

Don't beat yourself up, they're just way too smart for their own good! :hmm

@Ravynscroft I meant to ask you last night, how's PT coming along? Are you doing any better pain wise?
:fl

Chest is getting better, just occasional issues of 'well, don't do THAT again!', lol... knees, especially right one are still very bad... but he can't even recommend anything much less work on them cuz it wasn't ordered by the doc... going back to doc on the 8th for reevaluation...

Back
Top Bottom