Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Went to the ER after 3 days of pain in my shoulder. Now i have a sling and Motrin for heavens sake, like that is going to help so much. And the pharmacy is not even open to fill my rx. So i am feeling just as lousy as i did when i went in there. They said my xrays look ok, but i probably have bursitis. I have been mostly resting for 3 days already , with 0 improvement. They said i can go to the ortho doc if it doesn't get better. I was hoping for a steroid shot in the joint. Sigh.
Try the chiropractor!

Furthest we'll be from home is <10 miles. We have access to multiple thousands of acres, plus a fair share here for only 3 acres. We usually take 2-3 off this place; only 1 from the "big woods".
It's a blessing to go at home, in familiar surroundings with family. Dad went in my living room, all his 4 kids around him. I've already made it clear that if I'm ever sent to a nursing home, I'll skip at the first opportunity.
Yah, they actually brought him home with an ambulance. They knew there was nothing they could do for him at the hospital that could not be done better at his home.
You just made me realize, I already have a tax break on the land because of my honey bees. It make no difference what I do with the 9 Ac. behind the house. I think I see a deer feeder and a plot of deer corn in my future :thumbsup There’s got to be some deer in the area.

Yah, they actually brought him home with an ambulance. They knew there was nothing they could do for him at the hospital that could not be done better at his home.
You just made me realize, I already have a tax break on the land because of my honey bees. It make no difference what I do with the 9 Ac. behind the house. I think I see a deer feeder and a plot of deer corn in my future :thumbsup There’s got to be some deer in the area.
That sounds like a capital idea for 9 acres! I don't know that I'd plant a food plot to corn, though, unless you have a way to fence them out. I planted 3 rows once; the deer ate every sprig of it before it was 4" high. Red top clover, millet, sugar beets, or sorgum are all good choices & would probably fare better.

Get on the Whitetail Institute's web site & see what they reccommend. At one time they'd send out several free packets of different seeds for you to plant & see what the deer prefer. They probably still do.

No, we visited our son in Tucson, Az. One weekend. Then she left to visit her brother ( he was diognosed with terminal cancer the day we left for Tucson) in Michigan the next weekend. Got home to Houston and the next day got the phone call that he had passed.:th Back for the Funeral.

Hope you son was ok. Big animals on hwys can be dangerous.
:( :hugs
Went to the ER after 3 days of pain in my shoulder. Now i have a sling and Motrin for heavens sake, like that is going to help so much. And the pharmacy is not even open to fill my rx. So i am feeling just as lousy as i did when i went in there. They said my xrays look ok, but i probably have bursitis. I have been mostly resting for 3 days already , with 0 improvement. They said i can go to the ortho doc if it doesn't get better. I was hoping for a steroid shot in the joint. Sigh.
Ouch! :hugs
I know that's what they always say. . but I've gotten sick every time I have gotten a flu shot.
And no. . I am not allergic to eggs.
Me too.. and dh as well..:th

That sounds like a capital idea for 9 acres! I don't know that I'd plant a food plot to corn, though, unless you have a way to fence them out. I planted 3 rows once; the deer ate every sprig of it before it was 4" high. Red top clover, millet, sugar beets, or sorgum are all good choices & would probably fare better.

Get on the Whitetail Institute's web site & see what they reccommend. At one time they'd send out several free packets of different seeds for you to plant & see what the deer prefer. They probably still do.
Thanks, will do.

I know that's what they always say. . but I've gotten sick every time I have gotten a flu shot.
And no. . I am not allergic to eggs.
I think if a person is fairly young (I realize that "young" is a relative term) and healthy, influenza is not going to kill them. My step-dad, however gets the flu shot and has two pneumonia shots (I don't know if those are one-time shots or he gets them every year) because of his lung damage from his foundry work. Either influenza or pneumonia will kill him. I don't get a shot every year - depends on my mood, I guess. But this year I will get one. My mom has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, and will likely need radiation or chemo. Since I work in a Petri dish, I will get the flu shot so I don't drag anything home to her. I may need to take her to treatments and such, so I don't want to take chances on exposing her to it.

Back
Top Bottom