Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Just got back from my post op Doctors visit. Down 46 pounds... Officially I am 322 lbs...

Okayed to have Nsaids.... Alieve... my friend... Soon as I can get back pain knee pain etc I can really start walking.

On the 25 th I can stop day dreaming about Poached eggs... cottage cheese... Soft Bariatric...

deb

Just got back from my post op Doctors visit. Down 46 pounds... Officially I am 322 lbs...

Okayed to have Nsaids.... Alieve... my friend... Soon as I can get back pain knee pain etc I can really start walking.

On the 25 th I can stop day dreaming about Poached eggs... cottage cheese... Soft Bariatric...

deb
:thumbsup

deb
two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

deb
:woot46 pounds just since the surgery?:eek:

:woot46 pounds just since the surgery?:eek:

Ten pounds since surgery. 46 pounds total.

Part of it was lost during the weight loss period required by the insurance. Three months to proove that I can stick to a diet. Then Went on a liver reduction diet for two weeks...

Doc was happy at how much I lost before surgery. He said post surgery people often times loose as much as fifty pounds in the first month. Thats once you get on regular bariatric diet.

and of course i will be able to start walking... and exercise works to moderate ups and downs.

deb

Part of it was lost during the weight loss period required by the insurance. Three months to proove that I can stick to a diet. Then Went on a liver reduction diet for two weeks...

Doc was happy at how much I lost before surgery. He said post surgery people often times loose as much as fifty pounds in the first month. Thats once you get on regular bariatric diet.

and of course i will be able to start walking... and exercise works to moderate ups and downs.

deb
Wow! You kicked some serious butt before the surgery then. That is not easy.
:bow

deb
I'm told by people who have had to change their eating habits that the head trick is to change the description from diet to eating habit. Diet implies restriction and denial. Habit on the other hand you don't even think about.

I'm told by people who have had to change their eating habits that the head trick is to change the description from diet to eating habit. Diet implies restriction and denial. Habit on the other hand you don't even think about.
Yes.... That is one of Weight Watchers strategy's. and the saying that you can eat anything you want.....

I am a lifetime member of weight watchers I reached goal back when I was twenty five. I kept it off for two years... then Life happened....

It takes twenty one days to create a habit... Good or bad.

The main goal these days with WW is Mindful eating.... Sitting and understanding and recording what you eat and when. it works no matter what food program you subscribe to.

REalistically its Calories in vs Calories burned.... Good Programs will assess the amount of calories it takes you just to live.... and then for the program they take that amount and subtract to the point where you are eating in a deficit. As you loose weight this is recalculated... Exercise counts for the deficit areas.

I been on just about every diet imaginable.

Weight watchers SEveral times
Airforce Diet
Cabbage Diet
Optifast a hospital supervised diet
Atkins
Low Carb
Keto
Nutrasystems
All Fruit....

The ONLY one that makes sense to me is Weight Watchers. U use your own recipes supplemented by things you can buy in the store. With the addition of a group meeting to discuss strategies and triumphs.

The way I chose finally is surgery. I will always have to be mindful of what I eat and keep track of when and how much to make sure i get enough to function. Soon as I am off the limited diet because of the staples in my stomach I can pretty much eat what I want again. Within limitations.

deb

Well I didn't get shot... Slightly assaulted, but not shot. The sheriff was already on the way when it happened. Crazy guy grabbed my wrist with both of his hands & gave me a small fingernail cut on my palm. All the neighbors were out there screaming at the guy to let me go & that he wasn't allowed to touch me. The hardest part was all of us talking DH down from freaking killing him.

All of this over trashcans. :he All of this over one crazy guy who stopped taking his meds & refuses to use his big boy words.

The SD County Sheriffs Dept was great once they FINALLY got there. Even though I wasn't hurt they informed me that grabbing me like that was Assault & Battery & they'd gladly arrest him. I seriously considered it just to teach that pr*ck a lesson, but when I found out he'd only be in for a few hours & I'd eventually have to testify in court I decided it wasn't worth my time (he's already wasted a solid week of my life.) It all goes into the police report including the (verbal) assault last week & another (verbal) assault this morning that a management guy from the trash company got to witness. I kid you not, this burly trash guy said, "That guy is crazy! I thought he was gonna hit you... You have to call the sheriff... I don't even want to leave because I'm sure he's gonna be down there waiting for me."

DH will work from home tomorrow so that he can get surveillance cameras put on the house. I had to scrub my cut with hydrogen peroxide, witch hazel & betadine, because God forbid I catch Psycho-itis from this jerk.

Sorry about the wall of text & thanks for all of your good thoughts & prayers! :hugs
...Cant we all just get along?!:rolleyes:

Well I didn't get shot... Slightly assaulted, but not shot. The sheriff was already on the way when it happened. Crazy guy grabbed my wrist with both of his hands & gave me a small fingernail cut on my palm. All the neighbors were out there screaming at the guy to let me go & that he wasn't allowed to touch me. The hardest part was all of us talking DH down from freaking killing him.

All of this over trashcans. :he All of this over one crazy guy who stopped taking his meds & refuses to use his big boy words.

The SD County Sheriffs Dept was great once they FINALLY got there. Even though I wasn't hurt they informed me that grabbing me like that was Assault & Battery & they'd gladly arrest him. I seriously considered it just to teach that pr*ck a lesson, but when I found out he'd only be in for a few hours & I'd eventually have to testify in court I decided it wasn't worth my time (he's already wasted a solid week of my life.) It all goes into the police report including the (verbal) assault last week & another (verbal) assault this morning that a management guy from the trash company got to witness. I kid you not, this burly trash guy said, "That guy is crazy! I thought he was gonna hit you... You have to call the sheriff... I don't even want to leave because I'm sure he's gonna be down there waiting for me."

DH will work from home tomorrow so that he can get surveillance cameras put on the house. I had to scrub my cut with hydrogen peroxide, witch hazel & betadine, because God forbid I catch Psycho-itis from this jerk.

Sorry about the wall of text & thanks for all of your good thoughts & prayers! :hugs
...Cant we all just get along?!:rolleyes:
Oh Room.... Big hugs....

deb

Back
Top Bottom