Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Whats your pickling recipe? :drool

Its loved by all just be sure to use already pickled garlic which this doesnt specify, for botulism safety.

Screenshot_20200118-204403_Pinterest.jpg

So I'm now waiting for someone to meet me to drop off two ducks and a silkie hen and rooster they could no longer care for. They got my info from the TSC staff, lol. I don't need them, but I'm not gonna let them stay stuck in a place where they can't be properly cared for. What can you do.
:rolleyes:

Well sheesh.

Turns out that they're actually a mille Fleur d'uccle hen and a Red Pyle OEGB rooster. And two female Pekin ducks. Just someone who bought chicks and then found it really wasn't for her. Nice lady, just in over her head.
:lau

Well... at least they are chickens and ducks... verses oops, parrots or owls or something

:lau

Well... at least they are chickens and ducks... verses oops, parrots or owls or something

If someone wants to give me parrots or owls, I am okay with that, lol.

Actually someone once did try to give me an Amazon. Unfortunately at the time I wasn't in a place to be able to take him.

Its loved by all just be sure to use already pickled garlic which this doesnt specify, for botulism safety.

View attachment 2008602
Love it... I take it you are using a recipe app?

I wish I could sell pickles. The state of Californa says NO pickles for cottage industry. Dam it. I can sell jams and cookies There isnt even a choice for pickles. But I want to give them a try. I have two dozen eggs ready to be turned into tasty bites.

I don't have pickled Garlic but I do have Dried Garlic slices. when they hydrate in the Vinegar I suspect they would taste like they were pickled. Jaring them up will be easy peasy...

Just to confirm:

100 Quail eggs
2 tsp Crab boil liquid
5 cloves Garlic
5 hot peppers
1/2 tsp Mustard seed
2 tsp Pickling salt
2 1/2 tsp Pickling spice
1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
5 Or 2 cups White vinegar?

:pop
I am assuming some of those are per Jar? Or do they all get put together to simmer till time to put the eggs in the Jar.

deb

Back
Top Bottom