Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

The babies are coming!!!
IMG_20200410_043840557.jpg

So this is new... DH went to Winco today & there was a frazzled lady coming out the store saying, “They won’t let me bring my bags in. They told me to throw them out.” Sure enough, DH gets up to the door & there’s an employee standing there telling everybody they’re not allowed to bring any outside bags in. He tells DH we have plenty of old plastic bags here you can use. DH told him he’s not paying 10cents a bag & the guy assured him they are free.

So, we spend years investing in canvas bags & training ourselves to bring those suckers into the store because plastic bags are outlawed. I spend time & money keeping them washed & stocked in both cars & now we can’t use them? Now we’re back to plastic?

For those of you who haven’t had to go through the long reprogramming process, this probably sounds like no big deal, but you don’t make 50 million people reinvent the wheel & then make them go back to how it was.

I‘m starting to lose my patience. If I, the Whatever Girl, is losing patience it means the rest of the dummies in this state are gonna start revolting soon. Maybe this is an isolated incident just at one store, but somehow I doubt it.

(Deb & Kathys, have you guys seen any signs of this yet?)

@perchie.girl
@casportpony
@orrpeople
Welcome to modern governing, where the right hand has no clue what the left hand's doing, or why. It's all according to what makes the most money for the state or some special interest group with deep pockets and strong lobbyists.

The babies are coming!!!
View attachment 2082906
I just hatched 6 out of 12. The rest are 4 days past due, so I'm guessing they won't hatch, I never candled any of this batch; just stuck them into a pre-heated incubator, plugged in the turner, & spent the next 20+ days trying to get the temp to stay where I wanted it. Have 2 styro Hov*a*bators, & both thermostats are supper touchy. I've gotten to where I prefer using broodies, but none of my 7 girls are cooperating so far this year.

I just hatched 6 out of 12. The rest are 4 days past due, so I'm guessing they won't hatch, I never candled any of this batch; just stuck them into a pre-heated incubator, plugged in the turner, & spent the next 20+ days trying to get the temp to stay where I wanted it. Have 2 styro Hov*a*bators, & both thermostats are supper touchy. I've gotten to where I prefer using broodies, but none of my 7 girls are cooperating so far this year.
Yeah, the rest of those eggs are probably not going to do much at this point - but you got 6 - so that's good!
I have already had 2 broodies - one Marans that hatched a little Bielefelder cockerel for me, and my faithful old Orpington who's got 10 barnyard mix under her. I, too, really like using broodies. They just really know how to get the job done! 😊

Yeah, the rest of those eggs are probably not going to do much at this point - but you got 6 - so that's good!
I have already had 2 broodies - one Marans that hatched a little Bielefelder cockerel for me, and my faithful old Orpington who's got 10 barnyard mix under her. I, too, really like using broodies. They just really know how to get the job done! 😊
I have 3 Buff Orpington hens, plus the rooster, all 2-3 years old. Bought them specifically for their supposed broodiness as a breed. So far, only one has been broody, & she quit setting after the first couple eggs hatched. None of my Marans hens, of which I still have 2, have ever been broody.

I have 3 Buff Orpington hens, plus the rooster, all 2-3 years old. Bought them specifically for their supposed broodiness as a breed. So far, only one has been broody, & she quit setting after the first couple eggs hatched. None of my Marans hens, of which I still have 2, have ever been broody.
Go figure, huh?
I have a little Silverrud's who is perpetually going broody (her breed, like leghorns are never supposed to do this!) You just never know! :)

Back
Top Bottom