Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Ran out of staples so I'm calling it a day. Got the first roll out egg tray in though:

Vpfah6vHDP0acACN7yjdk2hC3NqqCSvn70xPeU0xZKvNItAvoJ8CxC5dX_xj7RJCgkkne1248d4hA-sl9GE-LZZXJ7ASfKiGb3CI3ZZuWrA_kdqxaSunNNDKFOmDP9V7YqDkTyKHl_zRT7GKaQqdDGesUJYXWcXdgbopSvY7naIKdDS2ief_mZ0IDTY1ZQMJGabqB7NSjsIr-5_PTKd9zv2sl0XJTgvZ6oT7jkAK7lCUXaLWlsqWRKvhsCgyQdqPhl4tl3luCrtg5PxxnCEFt1aIVGAlbckeuxva4_oxxQQrZqKcXS6Hk007i-9z6MZdMs5JaUwf_3YCAl0o9io1ADTFRhlrnTfuJibxzdAvTLCYiMVIPWfGHwQPSiXbiRMX5x-nd0YhF42T9lQg_AHPy74rrRCOp8el3Eilcau28LYW8vP46P3StTL3lmnSfIYD4iQ2OPF50FEt6gd38nld7PbZC3Gbn2wRZGTxe9A2QYWn2kMkBGz7bOAKdJ2kogIW1RMwcjQVO12EOrx0hB5ICUrdJCUQd752QGZEp_dEqZ_s2wD4ltxBkw_BIZfIUjI4Y4Ef78sNtaBbHD1raez8IdSuQb5il7l_FEZ9bBdsnA16j4bdv7o8TRN9AR7NGlBOT9DzPjW_Vynip-H6QV6WZhLaaro_UeyFp74yFYN90d_2RyArAVDlEzUEKnMRMw=w1250-h937-no

Yes, tell us!

How would you have responded? :pop
I would have sent the child in whatever means appropriate a plane ticket and encouraged him to use it whenever he felt best to come home (encouraging sooner rather than later) staying in contact and much encouragement that he is just fine as he is etc. in the mean time, sent a huge bouquet of flowers to the church to arrive on the day with a beautiful note of well wishes and blessings to the bride and groom, possibly including an invitation for a visit, and then I would have STAYED HOME and used the money to do some great road trip or staycation, or? with spouse and other child(s) (make it so great that the other child would want to hurry home to join in). In the past, in a somewhat similar situation, I did this very same thing and it worked. No face to face so no words were said that could not be taken back, both sides were able to enjoy their days and once the stress of the situation/day had melted away, peace reigned once more., or at least a tolerable ceasefire. ;) (the peace came in time)

Morning pondites barely able to crawl from lilly pad here
Need our roof replaced this big house 2178 square feet all one level..
Problem there are two roof companies owned by 2 brothers each one has one.
I kinda said first one here get the 17 thousand for it
have you considered a steel roof? we love ours and our insurance actually went down because of the fire proofing.

Since it’s too late to follow Chicki’s advice, here’s something else to think about:
631E7472-2547-4D7F-BA72-0CE0C2C99ADF.jpeg

Think how embarrassing it would be for her, after her bad behavior if you were just over the top nice. Oozing with it. Guess who would look like the total jerk here? I know this is all easy for me to say, since it’s not my kid or my situation. Just something that came to mind when I was thinking about it today.

I would have sent the child in whatever means appropriate a plane ticket and encouraged him to use it whenever he felt best to come home (encouraging sooner rather than later) staying in contact and much encouragement that he is just fine as he is etc. in the mean time, sent a huge bouquet of flowers to the church to arrive on the day with a beautiful note of well wishes and blessings to the bride and groom, possibly including an invitation for a visit, and then I would have STAYED HOME and used the money to do some great road trip or staycation, or? with spouse and other child(s) (make it so great that the other child would want to hurry home to join in). In the past, in a somewhat similar situation, I did this very same thing and it worked. No face to face so no words were said that could not be taken back, both sides were able to enjoy their days and once the stress of the situation/day had melted away, peace reigned once more., or at least a tolerable ceasefire. ;) (the peace came in time)
Great option.

Thanks for sharing

Since it’s too late to follow Chicki’s advice, here’s something else to think about:
View attachment 2286441
Think how embarrassing it would be for her, after her bad behavior if you were just over the top nice. Oozing with it. Guess who would look like the total jerk here? I know this is all easy for me to say, since it’s not my kid or my situation. Just something that came to mind when I was thinking about it today.
Sadly... they would not see that at all....

They would see that as proof that I had made a big deal over something that is nothing.

So... yeah.... sticking with the plan of avoidance, attending the wedding only, then coming home.

Back
Top Bottom