Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

1601146255183.png

not to sound cold--but---you can't compromise your existing healthy flock to rescue all the birds foolish people can't handle--do what you can!

Definitely! I generally don't take in adult chickens, unless I want to spend the time and effort quarantining. Guineas are usually more disease-resistant, which is a plus, and this one was still a juvenile, so it hasn't been alive more than a few months to be picking anything up.

Well, I did it again. I picked up a pigeon tonight.

She is a feral that cannot fly. She was picked up outside of an ice cream shop, so I'll probably want to go with an ice cream themed name.

She was with a wildlife rehabber that I happen to know for three weeks. She still cannot fly, but no obvious wing injuries so maybe it's a sprain and it will heal. Anyway, the rehabber doesn't have pigeons to keep her with so, now she's mine.

Well, I did it again. I picked up a pigeon tonight.

She is a feral that cannot fly. She was picked up outside of an ice cream shop, so I'll probably want to go with an ice cream themed name.

She was with a wildlife rehabber that I happen to know for three weeks. She still cannot fly, but no obvious wing injuries so maybe it's a sprain and it will heal. Anyway, the rehabber doesn't have pigeons to keep her with so, now she's mine.
Oh good grief!

Ok... what kind? What color?

good morning on the pond!! got awakened by a dozen large wild turkeys out my bedroom window making all kinds of noise!
not to sound cold--but---you can't compromise your existing healthy flock to rescue all the birds foolish people can't handle--do what you can!
They are the proverbial ‘starfish’. She’s a freaking super hero & she’ll save what she can. I SO wanna be Pyxis when I grow up. :love

Back
Top Bottom