Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Well, I can tell you from personal experience that a positive covid test can really turn your 72hr “I’m glad I went” vacation into a 250+hr “I wish I hadn’t gone” nightmare.
:barnie
The over the phone covid Drs have told me I have a fairly mild case. If nasal congestion, achy lungs, cough, all over body aches, skin that’s sore to the touch, total loss of taste & smell, intestinal disorders, cramps, fever, flu, migraines, inability to eat, extreme fatigue, ear ache, eyes that feel like they’re going to bleed & dizzy spells are a mild case, a serious case would have killed me.

I’m in day 9 & still not right, but getting a little better I guess.
Well.

SUPER SUCKAGE!!!!!!!!

:hugs

:hugs

Well, I can tell you from personal experience that a positive covid test can really turn your 72hr “I’m glad I went” vacation into a 250+hr “I wish I hadn’t gone” nightmare.
The over the phone covid Drs have told me I have a fairly mild case. If nasal congestion, achy lungs, cough, all over body aches, skin that’s sore to the touch, total loss of taste & smell, intestinal disorders, cramps, fever, flu, migraines, inability to eat, extreme fatigue, ear ache, eyes that feel like they’re going to bleed & dizzy spells are a mild case, a serious case would have killed me.

Oh, Room… :hugs I hope your symptoms subside soon!

So, I have a dilemma. We’re going on vacation soon. I have house sitters coming, so all is covered, but my chickens are going to be locked up most of the time. Every time we’re gone for a while, and DH isn’t around the shop and cops daily, coyotes come and wipe them out. Every time. Anyway, I currently have my 11 laying hens in an 8x16 coop attached to a 12x16 run. My younger chickens (18 layer pullets and 9 broilers) are in an 8x8 coop attached to a 12x16 run. All the chickens free range together daily, and get along fine (they’re never near each other). I am considering moving the broilers in with the layers before we leave, so relieve some pressure on the smaller coop. I’m concerned about over crowding and all the problems that can cause. I figured if I do it a couple of nights before we leave, I’ll at least have a day to observe, and could move them back if things get ugly. What would you all do? If I do it right before we leave, that’s only one more day of lockdown for them. My house sitter really doesn’t know anything about chickens. He’ll be able to feed, water and pick eggs…

A few photos to help distract you.

20210725_150202.jpg

20210725_145949.jpg

20210725_145912.jpg

20210725_145819.jpg
20210725_145802.jpg
20210725_145747.jpg

Sucks major
Looks like silver to me.
Somone said that earlier there is a brown according to google .. Will they get leggier our old leghorns where quite tall

Sucks major

Somone said that earlier there is a brown according to google .. Will they get leggier our old leghorns where quite tall
Leghorns come in dark brown and light brown... but that isn't what you have.

And yes, they do look young, they should fill out a bit.

Back
Top Bottom