Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I found a good home for my EE rooster today, which makes me happy. He was so sweet and easy to handle which is why I still had him despite not really having anywhere to keep him. Then a woman came into the feed store yesterday and said she was in need of a rooster for her hens and we met up today and she took him. Woo!

So, one down. Now I just need to get a pen built for the pheasants that a breeder accidentally sent me the wrong kind of, and I should be able to get all of the birds out of my workshop.

Sunny and headed to the mid-60s today. Hubby is going to go pheasant hunting, then try to get some corn out. Hoping the ground is dry enough after 4” of rain last weekend and another 1/2” on Wednesday. I have absolutely NOTHING scheduled for the day! :weeI have plenty to do, but will be able to do it in my own time. It’s going to be a great day!

Sunny and headed to the mid-60s today. Hubby is going to go pheasant hunting, then try to get some corn out. Hoping the ground is dry enough after 4” of rain last weekend and another 1/2” on Wednesday. I have absolutely NOTHING scheduled for the day! :weeI have plenty to do, but will be able to do it in my own time. It’s going to be a great day!
our corn was not successful this year

our corn was not successful this year
We were surprised by ours. We had severe drought conditions most of the summer. When we left for AK on August 2, it was scary dry. We didn’t know what to expect when we came home on the 27th. We were amazed to see green fields, ears on corn and pods on the soybeans. The beans were OK, but not a bumper crop. The one cornfield we have gotten out so far had some of the best corn he’s grown in that field. This particular farm got some random showers at just the right time that the others didn’t. The corn we have left to get out won’t be quite as good. And now after a dry summer, we’re fighting mud. Ah, the joys of farming…

Back
Top Bottom