Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Still no power... but I found a power box to charge the phone.

AND (happy drum roll please) a friend stopped by to help..

FIRST they drug/pushed a huge truck that had stuck itself at the base of our driveway :th I mean REALLY NOW!! Why?

Then the boys and friend DID manage to get the bobcat out!!!!!

No more road work tonight.

Friend went home, boys got Yukon and bobcat home.

DONE!
Call it a day.

Damp on my lily pad. Good morning Pond. A front with rain and strong winds came through last night. We lost power and cable - cable came back in a short - generator provided power. I love my Generac. Possible massive 1" of snow tonight. 'Al' I feel your pain - I couldn't do it.
Do you remember the winter of … I think it was ‘93/‘94. NJ had over twenty storms, and we even got several feet the end of April. If NJ didn’t have so many breaks, we would have had to go to school into July! Well, not you. :lol: I was in HS.

Damp on my lily pad. Good morning Pond. A front with rain and strong winds came through last night. We lost power and cable - cable came back in a short - generator provided power. I love my Generac. Possible massive 1" of snow tonight. 'Al' I feel your pain - I couldn't do it.
Morning Sir Sour!
I am so jealous!!! Wish we had a Generac. Would make life so much easier.
Balrmy -14 F this morning so we won't be doing snow removal until after breakfast (which I am in no hurry to prepare) but for the first time we can remember, we had blizzard conditions and didn't lose power! :clap Haven't heard the sound of a county plow out on the main road yet anyway so no hurry to clear our driveway.

Morning Sir Sour!
I am so jealous!!! Wish we had a Generac. Would make life so much easier.
The year before Hurricane Sandy (year to the day) we had an early snow storm while leaves were still on the trees. We were without power for 10 days. Getting gas for the generator to run the sump pumps and freezer was a true hassle. I wanted to buy a house wide generator after that, but the Princess said, "It will never happen again." Exactly one year later Sandy hit, and we were without power for 14 days. The next spring we had a Generac installed. I love it. We lose power, and then within 30 seconds the Generac automatically kicks on. With my 500 gallon propane tank I'm good to go.

‘94 was one of the biggest snow years I remember. My son was 3. I bundled him up in a snow suit to try to go play in the snow. It was just too deep to even play in. I stuck him down into a drift that came up to his chin. :lol: I think we lasted outside for about 20 minutes. :p

Today it’s just below freezing here. I don’t have heated waterers in all of my pens, just about half of them. But those that aren’t heated only had a little layer of ice on the exposed water, so easy enough to break through.

I love the pics and stories from all of you that brave climates harsher than mine. The couple months of harsh weather we get is plenty enough for me!

Back
Top Bottom