Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Good morning pond! @Alaskan the scenery is absolutely beautiful up there! We're still waiting for some actual snow. I'm ready but if it can wait just a few days at least that would be great. DH hit a deer yesterday in the prius (our wonderful gas saver!) That poor thing has been beaten and abused over the years. DH can mostly pound out the dent and replace the headlight. It won't be pretty but it hasn't been pretty in years since a lady ran a stop sign and smashed the other side.

20211207_070101.jpg

And just for cuteness, Coco our barn cat has bonded with Smores for some reason. Every time we take her out to pee, Coco is right there with her lol. DH recorded this one this morning. Please don't mind the mess in the screen porch lol

Smack me silly.

5 hours of snow blowing yesterday to get the church side nice

A foot of snow last night...

4 hours this morning on our driveway...

And blizzard all-day

then when kid was starting on the church driveway side he slid the bobcat into the creek.

Yep... still blizzard but warming up... so nasty roads.

I drove into town before the slide into the creek. ....

So many cars had slid off the roads... all-over and every where.

I knew kid would need more diesel, not a single diesel jug in town to be had for love or for money.... so I bought a gas one, filled it with diesel.... on my way home... and get the call that I need to get back into town and buy all the things because the bobcat is half in the creek.

Tow strap busted, snatch block busted... old plow truck (that can no longer plow) still can't turn on (been working on that, off and on for a week), so they had tried to use the old Yukon as a towing vehicle... and it has crap tires as well as no chains..

So...

I bought chains for the Yukon, tensioners for the chains... went to the marine supply store for a snatch block that will handle 9 thousand pounds... even heftier tow strap....

Came on home.... drove up, unloaded the groceries...

Water got boiling, I had bought frozen tortellini..... and then the power went out.

Still out.

The food was just warm enough to call it done. So... good there.

We didn't have a fire going today since I was in town with 2 kids for eye appointments, and other kid was snow blowing.....

BUT, again... food was fully cooked.

So.... good.

Sigh.

Also.... I did call the super tow truck guy.. he is booked solid.. said he could make it out tomorrow morning IF the road is plowed and sanded for him. :th

I texted our back up plow guy... he still hasn't texted back... probably in a ditch or up past his eyeballs in snow.

I did bring 8 bags of sand home with me...

That's a lot. Wow.

Good morning pond! @Alaskan the scenery is absolutely beautiful up there! We're still waiting for some actual snow. I'm ready but if it can wait just a few days at least that would be great. DH hit a deer yesterday in the prius (our wonderful gas saver!) That poor thing has been beaten and abused over the years. DH can mostly pound out the dent and replace the headlight. It won't be pretty but it hasn't been pretty in years since a lady ran a stop sign and smashed the other side.

View attachment 2922049

And just for cuteness, Coco our barn cat has bonded with Smores for some reason. Every time we take her out to pee, Coco is right there with her lol. DH recorded this one this morning. Please don't mind the mess in the screen porch lol

Me thinks it’s time to make her a house cat.

Coco & s’mores… How cute is that?!

Me thinks it’s time to make her a house cat.

Coco & s’mores… How cute is that?!

If she was house friendly, we would but the last time we attempted to bring her in, it was NOT good. Besides, we have 3 indoor cats and she has literally attacked the window in the past when she saw one of the house cats sitting there lol

Well Al, here we go again, sigh. Had one good day today, even got into town to resupply etc. Tomorrow a couple inches coming no problem. Friday? They've already started issuing the winter storm warnings and we a supposed to get dumped on this time. Got a feeling this is going to be a very long winter for both of us this year. :oops:

Well Al, here we go again, sigh. Had one good day today, even got into town to resupply etc. Tomorrow a couple inches coming no problem. Friday? They've already started issuing the winter storm warnings and we a supposed to get dumped on this time. Got a feeling this is going to be a very long winter for both of us this year. :oops:
From what I hear on the news, the Colorado ski resorts could use some of that snow. Their hurting.

Back
Top Bottom