Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

To do breeding coops this year or not? I need to decide soon. It takes 3 weeks to "unmix" them, then a couple weeks to collect, then another 3 to incubate. By then it'll be mid to late March already! I just don't know if I've got it in me this year, although I have some really beautiful birds that I'd like to continue on with. Maybe Skip a year and do it next??? Decisions, decisions.
Tricky decision. :idunno

To do breeding coops this year or not? I need to decide soon. It takes 3 weeks to "unmix" them, then a couple weeks to collect, then another 3 to incubate. By then it'll be mid to late March already! I just don't know if I've got it in me this year, although I have some really beautiful birds that I'd like to continue on with. Maybe Skip a year and do it next??? Decisions, decisions.
I read two cons & one pro. Sounds like you’ve already decided, but old additions are hard to break. :idunno

Morning On Frozen Pond!
Haven’t let the ducks out yet, but I doubt they will even come out. They would need to dig tunnels!
From my bedroom window
DCBF11C4-E168-4DE7-81A5-2A9795D607B7.jpeg

33A1182B-71B4-4022-9CBE-2C000CEC9000.jpeg

Ugh. I’ve been debating whether to fire up the incubator. I have collected a few golden neck and porcelain d’uccle eggs, and I do need a few more golden necks (I only have 2 pairs right now). The porcelains are also laying, but they seem to be a broody bunch, so I might just let them take care of their own. Sales weren’t great last year, but I was able to get rid of most that I wanted to sell, so I’m iffy too. I love hatching so much, but most of my pens are full, so if they don’t sell, I don’t really need more chicks!

My prayers are with you.

My fur baby had seizures and took her to the vet and let her cross the rainbow bridge.

Keep us posted on his/her condition.
not yet for our furbaby. First seizure was not horrible (just staggering, head bobbing etc.) after that seizures were very mild (petite) no pain and didn't seem to bother her at all. Silly girl's tail wagging the entire time. The vet predicted by the pattern that this was probably a "cluster" at least this time and may be the pattern for awhile, and he appears to have been correct. She hasn't had any problems since Friday night. We know we will have to make that decision sooner or, hopefully, later but for now we get more time with her. The vet wouldn't predict when. He did say it would most likely be a few months but could even be possible she'll do fine for longer. When I said "or sooner", he nodded. He's a great vet and I trust him to be honest with us, even with the hard news. Like I said before, one day at a time but we have no intention of letting her suffer just because our hearts won't let go. As hard as it is, that's just not what being a good guardian (or love) is about. She's given us her heart her whole life and when it's time we'll do the right thing and give it back.

Last edited:
not yet for our furbaby. First seizure was not horrible (just staggering, head bobbing etc.) after that seizures were very mild (petite) no pain and didn't seem to bother her at all. Silly girl's tail wagging the entire time. The vet predicted by the pattern that this was probably a "cluster" at least this time and may be the pattern for awhile, and he appears to have been correct. She hasn't had any problems since Friday night. We know we will have to make that decision sooner or, hopefully, later but for now we get more time with her. The vet wouldn't predict when. He did say it would most likely be a few months but could even be possible she'll do fine for longer. When I said "or sooner", he nodded. He's a great vet and I trust him to be honest with us, even with the hard news. Like I said before, one day at a time but we have no intention of letting her suffer just because our hearts won't let go. As hard as it is, that's just not what being a good guardian (or love) is about. She's given us her heart her whole life and when it's time we'll do the right thing and give it back.
Both of my dogs have occasional seizures. The pug’s are more severe when he has them, but my pomapoo turned 15 years old in December, and every time he has one, I think it could be his last.
Best of luck with your baby, we will all be praying for her.

Slush on my lily pad. Good morning, Pond.
Go for it !

Both of my dogs have occasional seizures. The pug’s are more severe when he has them, but my pomapoo turned 15 years old in December, and every time he has one, I think it could be his last.
Best of luck with your baby, we will all be praying for her.
Thank you for the prayers and sharing your journey, it gives me encouragement. Unfortunately because this is brain cancer (I really was hoping the tests would have pointed toward a neurological disorder, sigh) we know there will be a time when it becomes up to us to say when she's lost her quality of life and step in.

Back
Top Bottom