Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Skating party at 3 PM - refreshments on my lily pad. Good morning Pond.
Me too. I’ve only been able to do it a couple times (incubation & broody) but both times I got all males. I can’t risk those odds.
You do know that things will even out and your next two incubations will all be pullets, right? Go for it.

I say go for it too! I have the first chicks of the season due in about 3 days lol. Not a lot but still. I'm waiting on the turkeys to get their butts in gear so I can start incubating those.
I’d still love to get some turkey eggs. What kind of turkeys do you have now?

Woke up feverish... No thermometer so hard to say, but I'm staying home. It's such a pain to miss school days - almost more work getting sub plans made than just working sick. But in this era, working sick is not an option and I also feel terrible. So, rest and fluids today.
Oh dear, feel better quick! :hugs

Good morning Ponders
4C48B746-8234-4A4B-894B-23E4A03BAD4A.jpeg

It's pretty. I lived in Virginia years ago. I don't remember getting snow like this then. It was a big deal to get 1 inch...no school that day!! I know you're in WV... but still... I say, enjoy! I don't have chickens now, miss them, but don't miss having to go out in that any more. Our last storm dumped over 12 inches. We needed it. It's melted, now we need more, for our mountains.

Depends on where you live in Virginia as to how much snow you get.

The eastern part of Virginia does not get near the snow that falls in the mountains on the west side of Virginia.

I say go for it, but I might be biased.

I already have a brooder full of Kos that hatched two days ago, and another brooder full of quail chicks that REALLY need to move to the quail barn (as soon as the temperature decides to be above zero) AND 26 more quail eggs that just went into the incubator this evening. And also ten emu eggs incubating, one of which is due in about three days. Oh, and a random egg my pigeons laid that I put in the incubator because I'm a sucker.

So. Maybe a little biased over here.
Ooooooh! so much incubator space you have!!! :drool

Ooooooh! so much incubator space you have!!! :drool

Lol, if the Sportsman wasn't tied up with emu eggs, I could probably get into even more hatching trouble. Right now I'm using my Nurture Right to hatch all the other eggs. I do have a Brinsea Eco 40 in storage though :p

Back
Top Bottom