Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl
that there are no power issues to the coop tonight. Two senior hens left in one side and half a dozen just turned 10? week olds that have never been outside yet and the actual temp is supposed to be between -25 and -29 F before the windchill. Only got 2 hours sleep last night (actually early this morning) because furbaby had another seizures so trying to rescue the birds in the middle of the night is not something I want to deal with tonight.

Wow can say that I have a few screws in one knee. Metal no way.. How in earth did you do that ?
short version-large tub of chicken feed destined to be breakfast for the coop, didn't pay attention that rain night before had turned to a thin coating of ice on the steps, and everywhere else, in the morning.

Last edited:
Yea not so good perspective from that camera.
I used the green stuff as roof netting because it’s stronger than other netting and it holds leaves better.

In this pic, the yellow lines outline an opening between the chicken pens, where I store my feed, etc. and it goes to the back door of my building. The red outline is where I had the tarp on top of the netting. I added it because that opening stays slick when it gets wet, I was trying to keep it dryer. Maybe I didn’t post here the gif of me busting my butt? Spilled a whole scoop of feed in the mud. So a good intention that didn’t work so well. :D
I guess I’ll build a little awning over that opening eventually.
View attachment 2967037

Go ahead and laugh. I did. :lau
View attachment 2967057
You did post that!

And yep... I am thinking...more roof!!!

:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl
that there are no power issues to the coop tonight. Two senior hens left in one side and half a dozen just turned 10? week olds that have never been outside yet and the actual temp is supposed to be between -25 and -29 F before the windchill. Only got 2 hours sleep last night (actually early this morning) because furbaby had another seizures so trying to rescue the birds in the middle of the night is not something I want to deal with tonight.
And worrying about that will make you lose more sleep!!!

:barnie

:hugs

Back
Top Bottom