Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I lost 3 birds seems to have been the neighbors dog one bird I brought in the coop she was unbalanced lost allot of feathers no obvious signs of damage on her. Smudge has no tail feathers left poor guy.

Sorry you're going through this :hugs I had major issues with a neighbor's pit bull several years back. They refused to do anything even though both I and another neighbor told them their dog was going to get shot. They just didn't care. I even happened to be outside one time when it ran over and was thinking about grabbing a chicken and I screamed at it. The woman came walking over and was just casually like, oh, did he come over here again? Not one care that her dog was killing my pets. Couldn't even be bothered to just pick up a cheap tie out at Walmart, I guess.

I didn't want to do it, but the last straw was when it almost got ahold of Lacie goose - her wing was bloody. I was gonna shoot it the next time I saw it. Luckily they then moved.

Oh, and then they abandoned their intact tom cat, which then got in a fight with my neutered boy, and the end result was my cat's back leg had to be amputated.

Sorry you're going through this :hugs I had major issues with a neighbor's pit bull several years back. They refused to do anything even though both I and another neighbor told them their dog was going to get shot. They just didn't care. I even happened to be outside one time when it ran over and was thinking about grabbing a chicken and I screamed at it. The woman came walking over and was just casually like, oh, did he come over here again? Not one care that her dog was killing my pets. Couldn't even be bothered to just pick up a cheap tie out at Walmart, I guess.

I didn't want to do it, but the last straw was when it almost got ahold of Lacie goose - her wing was bloody. I was gonna shoot it the next time I saw it. Luckily they then moved.

Oh, and then they abandoned their intact tom cat, which then got in a fight with my neutered boy, and the end result was my cat's back leg had to be amputated.
Terrible.

:hugs

Good Morning, Pond!

It’s double-digits above zero this morning! Those will tank throughout the day, and will become double-digits below zero by tonight.

Paramedic son and family all have the plague, so I spent the evening cooking soups for them yesterday. Homemade chicken noodle, creamy tomato and venison stew. This morning on my way to work, I’ll leave the soups and the bread my mom made for them on the doorstep.

Not too much else going on around here. Oh! I did order my chickens the other night. I got the 15 “Murray’s Choice” layer assortment, 12 red broiler cockerels, and 3 red broiler pullets. I want to keep the girls as layers. I really like them. The ones I’ve had in the past have come into lay before the layers both when they first start, and when they start again in the spring.

Have a great day, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom