Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

It was trying to photobomb you… did the Princess get a picture immortalizing the event & the banana spider “dancing?”
She was laughing so, and I reacted so rapidly that I can't remember. I'll have to ask her. I think it was even bigger than my sump pump spider, and it was truly pissed.

The Princess and I are going to a movie this afternoon so I had to shave. This necessitated looking into a mirror. :eek: I haven't shaved my head or trimmed my eyebrows for a while. I look like a cross between Einstein (minus the mustache) and a porcupine. Not pretty, not pretty. Wonder why she hasn't commented? :idunno

The Princess and I are going to a movie this afternoon so I had to shave. This necessitated looking into a mirror. :eek: I haven't shaved my head or trimmed my eyebrows for a while. I look like a cross between Einstein (minus the mustache) and a porcupine. Not pretty, not pretty. Wonder why she hasn't commented? :idunno
Mirrors are evil holders of untruths!

Smash them all! :mad:

Do you remember Duckling’s infatuation with her pet spider? :lol: It fed the birds, baked, and played Candy Land with us!
I must’ve mentally blocked it. Sounds exactly like something she’d do. 🤣😂

I get that 100%. :love Older grandson once asked her, "Emmy, do you ever not look good?" It's a line that I use on her daily.
My MIL is like that. She gets even more attractive the older she gets & looks like a million bucks wether she’s wearing something out of St. John or the dollar store.

I bet she wonders how she ended up with a scraggly, raga muffin like me.

For our 25th anniversary we went to Hawaii . Stayed at the place where they filmed "Blue Lagoon" - had our own little cabin - neat place. Years later we went back to Hawaii and revisited this place that had been devastated by a hurricane. The Princess wanted a picture of me by our now overgrown cabin. Through the thicket I went and then turned around, within inches of my face was a monstrous banana spider bouncing it's web towards me. :barnie I screamed, the Princess laughed.
Nope. Not sure I’d have made it out of the place alive. I can handle every other creepy crawly there is (except for bats in the house), but not spiders. A few years ago, I had a garden spider in one of the tomato plants in my greenhouse. I avoided that entire corner - not just the one plant. There were many tomatoes that went unpicked that year. Every day I’d look to see if she was still there, and she was - for a few weeks. It was fine as long as I knew where she was…

Back
Top Bottom