Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hey guys! Does anyone know the best way to clean out rabbits ears? I got this boy today and Idk how it got this bad.
Aside from @sourland ’s wisdom - a “triage like band-aid” for the rest of today.

1st: cover your hands & arms (UP PAST your ELBOW) with DAWN & let it almost dry!
2nd: Get the bun-bun in a tote. Lightly spray warm water on it. Do NOT soak it. Then with a lot of dawn dish soap lather it up seriously. If you can use kitchen sink - fine. The sprayer for a little more warm water to increase the soaps saturation to the skin. Start and the neck, then the ears and chin. Then legs & finally back & torso.

Then… right before rinse off starts wash the face and me extra mindful of the mouth, eyes & nose. I usually wash the dogs like this method as a way to kill fleas & chickens- the red mites over the last few years.

Rinse it off in the sink/tote “neck down first pass.”

Last pass face and then everything Anaheim completely rinsed off.

I have dedicated dog towels (double duty for chickens too but, the chicken gets the big blow dryer on low heat and slow air and they have ALL Loved it!

Best of luck.

Hey guys! Does anyone know the best way to clean out rabbits ears? I got this boy today and Idk how it got this bad.
FYI: the covering of your hands and arms up to the elbows is to kill the mites when they get on you when you handle the bun-bun or chicken etal. Be mindful of having the lid of the clothes washer open and as soon as your done all stuff goes straight into it to be washed. I don’t want to chance mites getting around the house!

Aside from @sourland ’s wisdom - a “triage like band-aid” for the rest of today.

1st: cover your hands & arms (UP PAST your ELBOW) with DAWN & let it almost dry!
2nd: Get the bun-bun in a tote. Lightly spray warm water on it. Do NOT soak it. Then with a lot of dawn dish soap lather it up seriously. If you can use kitchen sink - fine. The sprayer for a little more warm water to increase the soaps saturation to the skin. Start and the neck, then the ears and chin. Then legs & finally back & torso.

Then… right before rinse off starts wash the face and me extra mindful of the mouth, eyes & nose. I usually wash the dogs like this method as a way to kill fleas & chickens- the red mites over the last few years.

Rinse it off in the sink/tote “neck down first pass.”

Last pass face and then everything Anaheim completely rinsed off.

I have dedicated dog towels (double duty for chickens too but, the chicken gets the big blow dryer on low heat and slow air and they have ALL Loved it!

Best of luck.

FYI: the covering of your hands and arms up to the elbows is to kill the mites when they get on you when you handle the bun-bun or chicken etal. Be mindful of having the lid of the clothes washer open and as soon as your done all stuff goes straight into it to be washed. I don’t want to chance mites getting around the house!
Thank you! That was so detailed and that's exactly how I need things. My poor adhd self 🤣🤣 Yeah..... He definitely is staying in the house. And he'll have to for another week. He doesn't have an outside pen, just the indoor one. And I'm not gonna lie.... I feel so grossed out now 😭 :oops: Thank God we don't have carpet! I'm gonna have to alcohol and pine sol everything every day!

Happy 4th..and all I have to say is if you're traveling, drive safe! Our granddaughter was driving all of their family, but my son and a grandson, to Mexico..8 people in the car including mom. She went to merge, saw that a car was coming up fast, she over corrected the car and flipped it twice. A miracle happened. No was hurt too bad. Mom.. daughter in law, had a goose egg on head, a couple of kids had scratches. The firefighters were amazed that it didn't burn out worse for them. A miracle happened for my family yesterday. Check out how many air bags were in that van. I've been saying thank you prayers since I got a message from my son..thstvstsyed home yesterday. Him too!View attachment 3173802View attachment 3173805View attachment 3173804View attachment 3173803
Oh, Cynthia! Giving thanks and praise that they weren’t seriously injured!

Thank you! That was so detailed and that's exactly how I need things. My poor adhd self 🤣🤣 Yeah..... He definitely is staying in the house. And he'll have to for another week. He doesn't have an outside pen, just the indoor one. And I'm not gonna lie.... I feel so grossed out now 😭 :oops: Thank God we don't have carpet! I'm gonna have to alcohol and pine sol everything every day!
I’m dyslexic & ADHD.

I have this regiment for fleas & mites (fur kids & chickens)

Back
Top Bottom