Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. Thought you were trying to turn off the red numbers in for Articles and whatever in the top bar. Let me see if I can find it.

The only thing I see is Mark Forums Read. It's al the way to the left on the bar with Watched Forums and Watched Threads.

On the mobile version there is a three lined menu on the left, it's the first option. I found it today! :lol:

Thanks!

So there's no way to specifically turn the watched threads off? Or I guess not turn off but mark read? That will mark the entire forum read? Including watched? I guess it's better than nothing LOL

Those alerts are keeping me on BYC far longer than I should be. I'm afraid I will miss something.
Ditto!

Yes, DL, I noticed that, too. It's sort of like a Pez dispenser.
ohhh!! they're giving away candy now??

I should also mention that we will still be giving away memberships in contests and such as well as giving members a chance to earn them by helping on various projects. Stay tuned for more info!
Yayyy!!

Also known as a "Hamburger" icon :)
ROFL! Really??!!? thats hilarious

It takes a little getting used to, but it has good functionality. And it's like a new device you get where, because the instructions are written badly by someone in a foreign country, they're useless and you just play around with it and discover all the neat features you need to use. We don't really have instructions here, per se, so you play and learn. You may not use all the features on the device, but eventually you do find what you need and it works for you. (though I hate to say this, and I'm sorry, Rob, I hope this site isn't the sum total of a person's life-it's just a chicken forum and it's not critical if it doesn't all come together in three days' time for you, but it will!)

I don't think Nifty had a choice about moving the platform here, unless I am mistaken. The folks who manage the different sites did all that and were not going to continue the old one anymore (? right?). Seriously, though, can anyone really remember the one before the last one? I sure can't. We'll all get used to it and find all the new stuff as time goes on and most of you will learn to really love this one, I bet.

And by the way, how the HECK do you mobile people do this forum, or any forum, on a tiny screen? I HATE my cell phone! I can barely answer it and make a call on it. I surely would never want to surf the web on it! I use BYC on my desktop computer. (I can actually leave BYC to go places and not think about it until I get back, whodathunkit? :p).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom