Welcome Ye Who Dare To Cluck.....

Have You Told A Funny Story Yet? IF NOT, YOU CAN'T LEAVE THIS THREAD. No trying to sneak off.

• Total voters
Pics
Whenever I give my chickens a special treat, like spaghetti noodles (it gives me great joy to get them to hop and snatch), one of them always tries to sneak up behind me so they can grab a beakful instead of getting a bit of noodle at a time. Most of the time I notice, but my Lavender Orpington Dash almost always succeeds when she tries it.

Here she is, plotting her next heist:
P1090217.JPG

My horses love my chickens and the chickens take full advantage of this. My old man Louis will on purpose spill some of his grain at feeding time for them. They wont touch their hay until the chickens are done inspecting it and getting out the choice tidbits they want. Their stalls are prime dustbathing spots and my game hen 3 times now has went broody and successfully hatched chicks just outside the stall of my 4 year old. Each time Dirt has been able to reach over and nuzzle her, she doesn't attack him and after a quick sniff he leaves her alone. But if a person touches her she's out for blood and he acts like a idiot trying to shove you out of the way with his head. The most aggravating and funny part though happens at roosting time. Russ and Louis are determined that instead of getting up on their roosts that they should sleep on their heads. So when one hops up on the stall boards to get up on their roost, both boys will nudge them trying to encourage them to get on them instead. This means every night i have to go out to check and make sure everyone is on the roosts safely, and half the time retrieve one or two from the backs of the boys. This is not the best picture but I took this last year of Russ wearing his chicken hat.
DSCN2070.JPG

Chapter one: The teacup rat

One gloriously beautiful summer morning I peeked out my window to look at my sweet little flock of faverolles were up to.
At the fence line amongst a lush bed of forget me nots a clump, nay a pack of frantically bobbing cottony bottoms presented themselves to the sky.
They must have found something delicious, a slight smile crept across my lips as I took in the cheerful scene.
After a few moments of taking in poultry buttocks billowy enough to draw envy from the clouds above my curiosity peaked.
What was the catalyst that sparked such a lovely scene, do I dare go see?
And with that thought I crept slowly down the back steps towards the Bob Ross painting playing out before my very eyes.
A warm breeze brushed by, tufts of fluff rode the current like drunken pixies so light and graceful twirling and rising.
Sighing, my glance sought out the birds and quickly became squeaky screams for there in the middle of those angelic birdy butts was a nude rat.
Ewwww, ladies nasty I proclaimed as I poked their prize with a stick.
Suddenly a glint of something caught my eye, sparkling casting rainbows on the bold blue flowers.
Is that a rhinestone? Noo, rats don't wear rhinestones I mumbled to myself flipping the bedazzled creature over to reveal a heart shaped owner's tag.
And just like that, I stopped looking out windows. :caf

One gloriously beautiful summer morning I peeked out my window to look at my sweet little flock of faverolles were up to.
At the fence line amongst a lush bed of forget me nots a clump, nay a pack of frantically bobbing cottony bottoms presented themselves to the sky.
They must have found something delicious, a slight smile crept across my lips as I took in the cheerful scene.
After a few moments of taking in poultry buttocks billowy enough to draw envy from the clouds above my curiosity peaked.
And with that thought I crept slowly down the back steps towards the Bob Ross painting playing out before my very eyes.
A warm breeze brushed by, tufts of fluff rode the current like drunken pixies so light and graceful twirling and rising.
Sighing, my glance sought out the birds and quickly became squeaky screams for there in the middle of those angelic birdy butts was a nude rat.
Suddenly a glint of something caught my eye, sparkling casting rainbows on the bold blue flowers.
Is that a rhinestone? Noo, rats don't wear rhinestones I mumbled to myself flipping the bedazzled creature over to reveal a heart shaped owner's tag.

It's funny but DAMN

Freaky story, beautifully told 😁

Back
Top Bottom