Welcome Ye Who Dare To Cluck.....

Have You Told A Funny Story Yet? IF NOT, YOU CAN'T LEAVE THIS THREAD. No trying to sneak off.

• Total voters
Pics
A strange thing happened last spring.
(Sorry my English is not that great to tell a well written story)

We have a young and playful neighbour dog and no complete fence between our yards. The dog is in the house most of the time or laced and isn’t allowed to pass the ‘fence’. But he escapes now and then and goes around the fence sometimes to ‘play’ with my chickens if they free range.

The chickens are frightened as hell of the dog. Luckily they have good instincts and can fly a little to seek a safe place within seconds.

The escape
Last spring the dog escaped and the chickens panicked and flew over the fenced ivy hedge to the other side. The chickens go there more often because there fence is 4x4” and the holes in the ivy are big enough for my bantams to pass through at several points.

Some chickens returned home after several hours, others at sunset. Only my Ini mini didn’t return that evening.

Where is Ini mini?
The next day we got a message on the WhatsApp group of our neighbourhood with about 200 members. This guy posted a picture of my missing Ini mini. A neighbour three gardens further away found her. :eek:

Trapped
So I went over to take her home. Without the panic she couldn’t fly over this fence. And there were no holes in this fence.

I noticed she was very relieved when I walked home with her.

Home again
When I put her in the run with the other chickens I had the most strange experience with my chickens. Ini mini started to ‘talk’ .
talked excitedly about her feelings or her experiences. I don't know how much they can't explain, but this was a very special mix of excited sounds. She kept repeating that a few times.

The other chickens immediately came running and stood and sat in a circle around her. All 7 chickens answer her with soothing (tut tut tut) sounds.

Then Ini mini starts to cackle excitedly again. The other chickens answered in the same way. This went on for at least 10 to 15 minutes until it was ready and each of the chickens went their own way.

Chapter two: Liberace drops the kids off.

It was the year 2017, only a few weeks until Christmas and like always Chickassan scrambled to decorate at the very last second on a budget tighter than a pullet's vent.
She very frugally rummaged through her mother's vast collection of holiday knick knacks finding treasures to reflect the joy of her holiday spirit.
One box was particularly mesmerizing filled to bursting with wreaths fashioned from tinsel.
Yes! Ohhh snap! She exclaimed shaking one covered in jingle bells, this will totally be fine!
Chickassan set to work adorning everything that remotely looked like a door with a wreath until her box was empty then settled on the sofa for a well deserved coffee and a short game of Pikmin.
Blam! BLAM! Jingle!!!
A noise from the back startled poor Chickassan causing her to throw her wii remote in surprise.
My wreath! She ran to the back, only to see tinsel bits littering the ground but nothing more.
Raising her fist to the sky she exclaimed "feckin crows, don't be grinches!" and went back inside.
A few days passed and Chickassan's wreaths continued to lose tinsel some even lost bells but what could she do?
Defeated she continued on with her daily chores of tending her birds being up with the sun.
One morning however was different, as Chickassan still half asleep was filling waterers she saw glints, sparkles covering her backyard as far as she could see.
Dropping her garden hose she rushed to inspect one only to see it was a chicky poop.

Back in the spring or early summer of 2000, when we were living up near Boone, NC, we drove over to Knoxville, TN to see a rare breed livestock show. While there we saw that there was a really cool-looking farm/historical museum not too awful far away so we decided to stay an extra night and visit.

It was an enjoyable visit but the thing we remember most is that while we were eating our picnic lunch a peacock was watching us, getting closer and closer and closer.

It finally hopped up on the bench beside our 9yo oldest son and stole the sandwich out of his hand.

At that point the kids, who had been fascinated by the huge and beautiful bird, got upset so we ran him off. But he didn't go far and watched us carefully until we packed up the last of our lunch.

Chapter two: Liberace drops the kids off.

It was the year 2017, only a few weeks until Christmas and like always Chickassan scrambled to decorate at the very last second on a budget tighter than a pullet's vent.
She very frugally rummaged through her mother's vast collection of holiday knick knacks finding treasures to reflect the joy of her holiday spirit.
One box was particularly mesmerizing filled to bursting with wreaths fashioned from tinsel.
Yes! Ohhh snap! She exclaimed shaking one covered in jingle bells, this will totally be fine!
Chickassan set to work adorning everything that remotely looked like a door with a wreath until her box was empty then settled on the sofa for a well deserved coffee and a short game of Pikmin.
Blam! BLAM! Jingle!!!
A noise from the back startled poor Chickassan causing her to throw her wii remote in surprise.
My wreath! She ran to the back, only to see tinsel bits littering the ground but nothing more.
Raising her fist to the sky she exclaimed "feckin crows, don't be grinches!" and went back inside.
A few days passed and Chickassan's wreaths continued to lose tinsel some even lost bells but what could she do?
Defeated she continued on with her daily chores of tending her birds being up with the sun.
One morning however was different, as Chickassan still half asleep was filling waterers she saw glints, sparkles covering her backyard as far as she could see.
Dropping her garden hose she rushed to inspect one only to see it was a chicky poop.
Great storytelling. Not giving the clue 😍. Didn’t catch all the cloudy kanguage but most of it. 😂.
Compliments for you’re avatar subscription too. I really should read om my mobile sideways more often to grasp the persons behind the funny amesand avatar pics.

Back
Top Bottom