Well bad news on the quail

hypnofrogstevie

chick magnet
16 Years
Jul 12, 2007
Newport, MI
I pipped open an air hole to see if I have at least one that will hatch and all where dead. They only half developed. I think it was the power outage that brought it to 86F.

sorry your little guys didn't make it.
sad.png
Hope you have better success next time.

I'm sorry to hear that, I've had great luck with Coturnix but I haven't had a single Button pip let alone hatch out of 3 tries. I know one of mine was due to a spike in temp. after a power outage while I was home and the power came back on and baked the eggs.

Thanks. its my first time with a 0% hatch rate so it is kind of messed up. I got some coming in next week so hopefully they will hatch.

I dont know how long the power was out. but 86F sure did do it. The temp was fine after the power came back. 99F and the humidity was at 50-60%

Last edited:
oh I'm sorry to hear that! Those were the eggs I traded you? I've got some more if you want to try again- let me know after this hatch if you need to try it again. So sorry though- they are so adorable when they hatch out! Tiny little fuzzy things!
Lisa

not sure Stevie- will try...what have you to trade for them now? Did your power go out last weekend or two weekends ago? Ours did....but not for long and my bator is fine- hatchin guinea keets in there now as I speak (type..) stay in touch- today's only Tuesday and the weekend's so far away still...lots to do between now and then. Too busy!
Lisa

I beleive last week. I still have a bunch of bulbs to trade. I found some yellow cannas and red cannas at the very bottom of the box. I can do that with some mixed phlox and a pack of toad lillies.

Sorry to hear about your button eggs.

I only ended up getting 2 chicks out of 10 eggs to start with.

I am going to order another batch of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom