Well... I guess this is goodbye. [long rant]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madison, see if you can find a wonderful home for the birds where you will be welcomed to take care of them there in exchange for something - maybe providing the family with eggs, or babysitting, or WHATEVER. Finding a great place will be a real project (as it is everytime I look for a wonderful home for a furry or feathered one...) but odds are that it's out there if you search.
Wishing you, and your feathered friends, all the very best. It's very sad that some got taken by a hawk and I hope there will be no more sadnesses.
Hang in there!
JJ

hugs.gif

So sorry to hear of both your current issues. The key is "current" -- all this will pass.

I'm sorry I can't give a lot of sage advice...

I hope that you are able to find a place to live where you feel accepted. Is it possible to find some roommates and move out to your own apartment?

Quote:
lol normal is soooo relative that its a broken term when used so broad. There is nothing wrong with you. The only thing wrong with you being gay is some peoples judgements and prejudices. I don't know your family but they may be thinking they are looking out for you as relates to their religous beliefs. It is very likely that it is love which motivates them. Sometimes people do wrong by trying to do right.

I pray they understand that all things in creation are sacred, and that you as a child of creation, are sacred. In the Aramaic language which Jesus taught in, the word sin was an archery term used to describe missing the mark. If you act against your nature then you are missing your mark in life. I think the only 'sin' of you being gay would be if you did not follow your heart and live your nature as created. If you are certain you are following your heart, then it would be wrong not to live by it. I hope they can grow to understand that. And I hope you can find peace with it.

Ugg... I offered her $100 for the smallest coop so that I can hopefully take that and put it at the 4h leaders house and keep 3 or 4 of my favorite chickens there but shes acting like I owe her a ton of money and doesnt want to give me the coop at that deal because she could sell it to someone else for more... I guess if you don't care that you cheat your 'friend' out of owning chickens all together just because you lose interest then it really does matter if you can make a bit more money selling it to someone else

Quote:
look on craigslist and see what you can find. I bought my last awesome coop ans run for $30 on there. Saved me soooo much time because I didn't want to build anymore this fall.

I also was looking for rabbit hutches...and none were on for sale...so I wrote a "Want to buy" ad on craigslist and my e-mail has been flooded with cage offers that never even were listed to sale.

Good luck!!
fl.gif

It's so disgusting when people see the "label" they've placed on you before they see "you." It's even worse when the people doing the labeling and judging are members of your own family. Sometimes, it's easier to hate on and look down on other people than do the right thing and show someone love and acceptance. I can't imagine the grief, betrayal and hurt you're feeling right now, especially because your family members think that they can somehow change something about you that is as natural as your arm or your hair color.

I, for one, have been entertained by your fun and interesting (and RANDOM!
smile.png
) posts on this board and will be sad to see you go if you truly choose to leave. If I lived closer to you (I'm in Michigan), I'd try to find a place for your chickens to live where you could spend time with them.

Please don't allow your family's hatred to destroy your own spiritual beliefs. I believe that the Supreme Being (whatever name one calls Him
smile.png
) is far wiser than any of us... He would be sad to know we were judging His nature based on the actions of a handful of arrogant and unaccepting *human* followers.

I'm thinking of you and hope you find a safe and accepting place soon.
smile.png
Do you know of any support resources in your area for young people who are gay? Often, you can find help on a college campus. There are often GLBTQ organizations that have resources and ways to help.

Last edited:
hi..i dont know the whole story, but..if you paid for the coop..or even part of it..it is also yours...go pick it up...
idunno.gif
.. or,...if she paid for half of it..refund her half..then still...go pick it up...
idunno.gif
..thats what i would do..why does she have full rights to the chickens?...if you put in half of the money for the chickens...you have the right to half of the profit from them..or whatever amount you have contributed to the flock.....best of luck!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom