Welsummer 4-5 weeks old

The stores sometimes fail to change the signs out when the new shipment comes in (might have had Welsummers the prior week) or they put up the wrong sign. That happens OFTEN. I highly doubt it was the hatchery to blame. I once pointed out that the sign was obviously wrong to an employee and they shrugged and said that was what was put up when the chicks arrived so that must have been what the box said and they weren't going to change it. You know, because Gold Laced Wyandottes come in a variety of colors, have green legs, and puffy faces... I'm sure the hatchery didn't make that mistake.
X2.....which is why studying up on breed characteristics, chicks and adults, is important....even just pulling out a smart phone in the store can help a consumer sort out what is really in each bin.

What about a rir rooster with a welsummer hen ??
How would you tell if it was male or female at about 5 weeks. Would the breast feathers still come in black

What about a rir rooster with a welsummer hen ??
How would you tell if it was male or female at about 5 weeks. Would the breast feathers still come in black
Black breast feathers on a chicken that isn't black elsewhere is a male trait. But, that doesn't mean that yours is female if it has a red breast. I'd suggest that you take pictures and start a thread.

Back
Top Bottom