Welsummer Cockerels (5)/ 1 Pair FS, (SOLD) Ext N. Ga

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
These are from Christie Ritter's stock (mothergoose) and beautiful! I have six of them for sale, all hatched April 24. If you get them before six weeks old, I'll take $3 each, then if they get on up in age, we'll adjust the price. PICKUP/Cash only, I will not ship. Near juncture of TN, GA & NC. They already have beautiful big combs and red wattles and are so handsome and curious.
love.gif

I have decided to sell one of the cockerels with one pullet as a pair for $10 for the pair.

I have a high quality Rhode Island Red Pair FS. These are from BamaChicken's dark, dark red stock and you just dont find these in a hatchery. I've had them before so I know how beautifully they grow out. $10 for the pair.

The Welsummer pair is sold pending pickup and there are five Welsummer cockerels left.

Last edited:
It's amazing, isn't it? This boy had a huge, unmistakeable comb at just two weeks old. Wish they'd all show themselves so early, LOL! They are changing every day, too, Christie. Love them!
love.gif

Hiya --

I'm still interested! I'd be happy to paypal you for one if you'd like, to hold him for me, if you think you can. You may remember that I won't be ready for roos until about August.

I have already arranged to pick up some birds just a bit north of you, in Topton NC, in August. You're around Clayton GA, right? I figured I could make a day trip from Knoxville. Just let me know, thanks!

Mine are two weeks old now and it looks like we only have one hen.
The roos are taller, have slightly thicker legs, and a more pronounced comb.

Please tell me the hens have a small/tiny comb at 2 weeks. :|

I do remember you wanted one. Actually Clayton is a about an hour east of me and I think Topton is about 40 miles from me. I am really close to the NC border right at Culberson, NC. I doubt I'll have all four of these sold by then. Let's keep in touch along the way and I bet you'll end up with one of these boys. I usually dont sell all my cockerels that easily, trust me.

At four weeks old, all my boys are very obvious. I just cant get them to hold still so I can tell if I actually have four of them. At four weeks, my pullets still have small combs.

Last edited:
Great, that'll work out even better. Somehow I had the idea you were further east than that.
smile.png

I'll be picking up brabanters and dominiques in Topton (Nantahala Farms). I was going to get a couple Ameraucanas there as well, but she sold that part of her flock. I don't suppose you have any that need homes?

Well, not sure. I have one splash Ameraucana that may turn out to be a cockerel that I won't be keeping if it's true. It's 4 weeks old now, so I should know soon. It's from Cree lines out of Washington state, really beautiful.
Turns out I have six Welsummer cockerels-finally got around to banding the girls temporarily so I could do a head count and I have six of each, LOL, better than my usual numbers anyway. Bet at least one or two will be left by August.

Great about the Welsummers -- great for me, anyway!
big_smile.png

On the Ameraucana, though, I'll only be looking for pullets. I'm sure your Ameraucana cockerel is beautiful, but I only plan to have two roos in this flock -- one Welsummer, and one Brabanter.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom