Welsummer vs BCM

Which would you pick?

• Welsummer

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • BCM

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
We have French Blue Copper Marans. French Black Copper Marans and Blue laced Red Wyandotte's. They all get along very well together, in fact the The Blue Marans hang out with the BLRW more than the FBlackCM. I have never had Welsummers, however, I am very happy with my flock and wouldn't want to change anything. Their fearless leader is an Old English Bantam Cockerel, who would walk thru hades for the flock.

I really like them both. I love the dark eggs laid by BCMs, but welsummers seem to be notorious for speckled eggs.

I haven’t had welsummers yet, but they’re high on my want list. I haven’t had any breeds that throw speckles yet, and they personally please me more than solid colors. They just haven’t happened to be in stock at my local stores when I’m buying. Haven’t dipped my toe in the live chick ordering pond yet, I’ve been too nervous to open a box of dead chicks. Read Too many horror stories.

I love the look of BCMs over partridge colours, but also want a pretty basket 🤔 Someone is laying lightly speckled eggs and I’m not sure who it is! Totally understand the shipper chick ambivalence, my husband can’t handle it at all

I like the look of BCMs, but I’m usually not a fan of black chickens. I lean a little more towards warm colors and greys, so partridge are right up my alley!

And yeah, something about dead chicks 😭 I know the success rate is generally even lower, but I prefer to order hatching eggs.

I have 5 Welsummers. Good layers, very pretty eggs. The girls themselves are chatter-boxes though. There will be Welsummers that are quiet too, so it can vary between individuals. I do love my Welsummers, they are good birds.

They lay the darkest brown eggs in the carton. :)
Where did you get your Wellies? Beautiful egg coloring!

Back
Top Bottom