Songster
8 Years
Feb 3, 2011
N Fla
just went into lock down 1st time w/ homeade incubator
ep.gif
may be on ash wednesday
jumpy.gif

me too!! This will be my 1st hatch and everything was going perfect, but I went out of town this weekend, and my mom was here and called me 45min before I got back, and said the temp dropped to 77, and the humidity went up to 76. IDK what happend? I have the temp back up, and I put them on lock down for an estimated hatch date of Wed. - There is one egg moving around so I am hopeful that some will have survived. The eggs are Maran eggs so they are to dark to candle
sad.png
Heres hoping we both have good hatches!! (My kids will be sad if none make it) Good Luck!

idunno.gif
I have hatched several times from a hova bator but this time I made my own I have no idea what will happen

Good luck. I just closed mine up and geez it's hard I keep looking in I feel like a child, I guess because it's my first hatch. I hope your new bator gives ya a great hatch rate!

Good luck you guys - remember to keep the humidity high! They will stick to the inside of the shell if you don't.

& don't open the incubator for any reason!!!! Once a pip happens the chicks will get shrink wrapped by the egg membrane if you open it up. The temporary drop in humidity is like a vacuum packer!

Last edited:
YAY, i'm gonna go on lock down in a minute... i set them at midnight, so i'm gonna wait for 10pm or so... maybe earlier, but i'm fat and lazy...

Tempos good humidity right condensation on window resisting urge to open top opened a plug
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom